CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 70

Thread: ASC LAR-15 5.56/223 10-Round Pistol Mag (30-Round Body)

  1. #31
    CGN Regular ekp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by LAV View Post
    It doesn’t work for me with the bolt closed.
    No go, thanks !
    CSSA, NFA, IPSC

  2. #32
    CGN Regular azn_hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    344
    The big black rivet at the bottom of the new ones is used to secure a plastic internal block to the base plate whereas the older ones I bought didn't have them. My old ones without the block works on a closed bolt with 10 rounds.

  3. #33
    CGN Regular ekp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_hitman View Post
    The big black rivet at the bottom of the new ones is used to secure a plastic internal block to the base plate whereas the older ones I bought didn't have them. My old ones without the block works on a closed bolt with 10 rounds.
    Can that rivet be filed little bit ?
    CSSA, NFA, IPSC

  4. #34
    CGN Regular azn_hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    344
    Rivet is not the problem, the block is. However, to take the mag apart you will have to take out the rivet. There is no "long-ass rivet", the rivet simply holds a plastic block to the base plate and prevents the plate from being removed. If the block is made shorter or removed, the mag works as it should, just like the older ones.

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by azn_hitman View Post
    Rivet is not the problem, the block is. However, to take the mag apart you will have to take out the rivet. There is no "long-ass rivet", the rivet simply holds a plastic block to the base plate and prevents the plate from being removed. If the block is made shorter or removed, the mag works as it should, just like the older ones.
    The question then is, if you removed the plastic block, would that make the mag a prohib device ? Even though the mag capacity has not changed ?

  6. #36
    CGN Regular azn_hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by wai762 View Post
    The question then is, if you removed the plastic block, would that make the mag a prohib device ? Even though the mag capacity has not changed ?
    All I know is that the older ones have no blocks in them and they're not prohib devices. If you remove the block, the mags will be EXACTLY the same as the older ones, with no way to tell the difference.
    Last edited by azn_hitman; 05-19-2019 at 10:57 PM.

  7. #37
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    8
    Not sure about Tar-21 but they do drop free from my X-95

  8. #38
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Burlington
    Posts
    1,361
    It's an ugly rivet, I'm removing it just on looks alone

  9. #39
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ironheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    13,734
    Any discounts if buying 10 or more?

  10. #40
    CGN Regular Jest4phun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironheart View Post
    Any discounts if buying 10 or more?
    x2 interested aswell on a pack buy

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •