Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ASC LAR-15 5.56/223 10-Round Pistol Mag (30-Round Body)

My 4 showed up today and look good .They drop free but wont seat on a closed bolt with 10 in the mag .
    RIP chalkriver ....I am back as chalkriver2

CGN frequent flyer thegrandpoohbah's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkriver2 View Post
    My 4 showed up today and look good .They drop free but wont seat on a closed bolt with 10 in the mag .
    Tap and rack. Mine take a pretty considerable tap but it will seat on a closed bolt. I ran them flawlessly at a 3-Gun match last weekend.

I need to grab a few of these, my 10 rounders with couplers never make it the full day of competition without coming apart and dumping rounds (and springs) everywhere.

Got my 2 today, took a vise to the spines and now they easily lock in/drop free in my Gen 1 Type 97.

Kind of a weird, bulky rivet to include on these mags' floorplates - is there some kind of legal requirement for them to be there, in addition to the crimp? Or can we remove these ourselves? Thanks!

Would somebody post a pic of these mags with the rivet and pulled apart? Thanks.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Anymore on the way? Sold out.
    Once you go Mauser, you'll never go back.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Glad I got a bunch of these before they put a stupid rivet through the floorplate
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Anyone with experience of these with an RDB? (easier that the short pistol LAR 15 to grab and insert, but how firm in the click, can you insert on closed bolt and how reliable is it).

Thank you in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    Would somebody post a pic of these mags with the rivet and pulled apart? Thanks.
    I'm with you on this, just grabbed 3 of them today with my first AR15 and noticed the ugly rivet on the bottom. I'd like to get rid of it for the ugliness alone but also do whatever it takes for 10 rounds to seat on closed bolt too. A mini write up/explanation on what to do/pics/anything would help. I'm a noob to AR mags.
    Quote Originally Posted by pharaoh2 View Post
    I'm going to load my buckshot with sparkle dust. If I'm not allowed to kill an intruder, I'm going to dazzle him with flambouyance.

BANNED
    Drill out rivet, remove base plate, remove plastic block reinstall base plate. Done

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast