Thread: X1 handguard installation feedback.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

X1 handguard installation feedback.

Hi MRA,

I completed the installation of a X1 handguard on my stag upper, and would like to provide some feedback.

1) The crowfoot included in the package was severely loose on the barrel nut (maybe ~1mm clearance) and 1/4" aluminium is nowhere stiff enough for the application. I could literally make it slip around the nut by hand (picture/video available, I'll post that later). I had to grind off some material at the bottom of the fork to have a stiff fit and be able to tighten the barrel nut to 35 lb.ft.

2) can you list the crush washer on your website, these are one-time use... and I need a new one (newb mistake, I installed the muzzle brake first...)

Thanks !
    Last edited by essorx; 04-14-2019 at 12:36 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    Hi MRA,

I completed the installation of a X1 handguard on my stag upper, and would like to provide some feedback.

1) The crowfoot included in the package was severely loose on the barrel nut (maybe ~1mm clearance) and 1/4" aluminium is nowhere stiff enough for the application. I could literally make it slip around the nut by hand (picture/video available, I'll post that later). I had to grind off some material at the bottom of the fork to have a stiff fit and be able to tighten the barrel nut to 35 lb.ft.

2) can you list the crush washer on your website, these are one-time use... and I need a new one (newb mistake, I installed the muzzle brake first...)

Thanks !
    Thank you, we appreciate the feedback.

1. Although we did not experience any difficulties using the wrench ourselves, we are aware they are loose and we are making new wrenches that will provide a better fit. The 1/4" anodized aluminium wrenches will work fine for tightening to 35 ft/lbs when there is a tighter wrench to nut fit. The narrow section of the wrench is for the V1 handguard and the wider section is for the X1 handguard.

2. The thread size, and thus crusher washer size, is posted on the muzzle device product pages on our website. We will edit these specs to clearly identify crush washer size as per your request.

Pleas email info@mapleridgearmouyr.com and request a new wrench and nut.

Thank you,