Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter Update April 16 2019

So what I got from this is I should be focussing on my M16 build before my lightweight build

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    If I'm understanding this correctly, they are currently working on run#1 FA uppers, then will switch to make run#2 AND run#3 lowers, followed by run#2 SS uppers. So basically people in run#2 (which I'm in) are SOL as they won't be getting a complete receiver set until 2020.

The only reason I can think of for doing this is to get run#3 done before C-71 record-keeping becomes a requirement?

I'm also hoping that the changes to the trigger area means Triggertech Adaptive triggers become compatible - that would be really nice.
    I think you are misunderstanding their plan. As I read it most if not all of run #2 will be covered for uppers and lowers. Late comers who ordered SS uppers may have to wait till spring for their upper. Run 3 is planned for 2020.
    I may be wrong but that is how I interpret things and from what I have been told when at the shop recently.

So to be clear, if you ordered a full set SS + lower you can still expect to have both sometime August?

Just wondering when those design changes were implemented if it's possible to find out, in particular the rear hook on the upper. I've heard there were clearance issues using adjustable TriggerTech triggers and I have one I was planning to use. I have an order in the second run.

Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    So to be clear, if you ordered a full set SS + lower you can still expect to have both sometime August?
    No...you will have to wait until 2020 if you ordered SS set

They made enough uppers in both styles for run #2 of lowers, run #3 of lowers will wait for the next run of uppers after the lowers are complete. If you are in on lower run #2 you will get your complete set late summer/fall of 2019.

Super GunNutz
    Who’s on first.... lol

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Who’s on first.... lol
    My though exactly.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I think you are misunderstanding their plan. As I read it most if not all of run #2 will be covered for uppers and lowers. Late comers who ordered SS uppers may have to wait till spring for their upper. Run 3 is planned for 2020.
    I may be wrong but that is how I interpret things and from what I have been told when at the shop recently.
    You got it!!
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by foolsbliss View Post
    Just wondering when those design changes were implemented if it's possible to find out, in particular the rear hook on the upper. I've heard there were clearance issues using adjustable TriggerTech triggers and I have one I was planning to use. I have an order in the second run.
    Let us know you plan to use a TT trigger and we will try to make sure you get an upper that has the altered hook.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there