Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ...

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    I haven't been following what little changes you've made too closely but are you saying that my TT Adaptive triggers will work with the FA uppers without having to use a removable rear pin?
    From testing the TT triggers here, yes. I am sure there are still going to be some odd triggers that still won't work "drop in" but we have cut down on that number substantially with this change to the hook boss.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:52 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by rambones View Post
    Did u contact macdef to tell them you don't like your lower?
    Yes. It took them 10 days to respond to my email and the gist of the response was "we're sorry to hear that, let us know if we can help you".

It's an odd way to respond when "send us the receiver set and we'll replace it" is the only acceptable answer.

At that point I gave up on receiving any meaningful customer service and got out the power tools.

Their follow up response when I pointed out how disappointed I was with their product and service was "our cell number is posted on Facebook and Instagram." No offer to replace was made.
    Whatever

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    They are too busy pumping out receivers that are out of spec to deal with customers. They will let their poor stocking dealers deal with the headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Yes. It took them 10 days to respond to my email and the gist of the response was "we're sorry to hear that, let us know if we can help you".

It's an odd way to respond when "send us the receiver set and we'll replace it" is the only acceptable answer.

At that point I gave up on receiving any meaningful customer service and got out the power tools.

Their follow up response when I pointed out how disappointed I was with their product and service was "our cell number is posted on Facebook and Instagram." No offer to replace was made.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by tactical_tech View Post
    I thought the cartridge style triggers didn’t fit the SLR? Or is it just some?
    I have a trigger tech in mine as well, fit like a glove

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:53 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Just for clarity, as this thread is in ATRS forum - that rifle above is the SLR, correct?

Don’t want people who are uneducated to jump in, see that post and assume it is ATRS work.

Based on where the serial is (which side) in comparison to the bolt catch - that is ATRS’ competitor, the Maccabee SLR

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Assembled my SLR receiver today. Overall it went well except I noticed one more thing. There was a fairly significant machining mark in the tabs for the bolt catch roll pin.

Attachment 268194

The rear tab was gouged quite a bit. This concerned me because these tabs are a known week point. I figured that the gouge had created a line that, combined with the tight roll pin hole, was the perfect week point to possibly split along. Not a good place for something like this.

I tried tapping the roll pin in and could tell that it was going to be very tight so I stopped. This time I wasn't taking any chances. I have some longer than normal drill bits so out came the drill. Not overly thrilled but I think it was the best route to take. Pin then tapped in as it should.

Attachment 268198

Here's the rifle built. IBI 7.62x39 barrel is going on a MS when it arrives but I couldn't wait till then to try it out.

Attachment 268212

Final thoughts: Both products are very different from each other, both in design and execution. One was absolutely flawless and assembled without any issues. The other is functional but lacking in the attention to detail department.
    I am considering one of these barrels so let’s have a review.
    CCFR — CSSA