Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:45 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Super GunNutz
    with apprentice type machining on SLR and waiting forever while they refined their design,that magwell looks like it was made by a first year apprentice,that's atrocious machining,ATRS pretty much made Macabee odsolete, BUT,,if they dropped the price to about $600.00.there would be a market for them there,as it stands,who would pay the same amount for a way less quality set,

Thanks guys for the excellent and helpful posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Oh I wouldn’t go that far because we pay a premium for NR status. Hell look at how much we pay for a mass produced offering from Stag. Hay, I am willing to pay for play.
    I am quite happy with my Stag also. Considering the price, $640 shipped to my door with parts kit, it was well worth the money. But the ATRS is by far the best.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    I am quite happy with my Stag also. Considering the price, $640 shipped to my door with parts kit, it was well worth the money. But the ATRS is by far the best.
    My stag had issues.... The forward assist wasn't in spec and wouldn't push the bcg forward. Unfortunately the only one available to me was a 139$ titanium variant that I had for another project. I've been waiting for a resolution for 3 months on that now.

I'm very impressed with the modern sporter.

I just received my SLR the other day and have the exact same issue with the gas tube. Sure it’s an easy fix, but how does this make it past QC or is the end user expected to finish machining where they left off?

My serial number is in the #600s, had it pre-ordered from very early on and now I have my doubts and wonder if I should just go with ATRS instead.
    Homer: A gun is not a weapon! It's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon or...uh, a...an alligator. You just need more education on the subject.

The whole idea of having a screw and heli coil as the retainer for the upper is a terrible design.
    Prone to stripped heli coil, vibration loosing the screw, etc...
    Also the upper can still move forward a small amount due to the size of the hole if it not completely tight or loosens off.

As opposed to the hook and pin on the ATRS which will not allow this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by tactical_tech View Post
    I just received my SLR the other day and have the exact same issue with the gas tube. Sure it’s an easy fix, but how does this make it past QC or is the end user expected to finish machining where they left off?

My serial number is in the #600s, had it pre-ordered from very early on and now I have my doubts and wonder if I should just go with ATRS instead.
    Sell it, go with ATRS.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    if they dropped the price to about $600.00.there would be a market for them there,as it stands,who would pay the same amount for a way less quality set,
    That's called the Black Creek Labs model.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    That was my issue. My screw kept backing itself out and everyone’s answer was “omg just use some loc-tite.” MDI suggested a washer, but wouldn’t supply it, nor tell me where to find one. My problem wasn’t with the helicoil system as I knew that going in. The problem was having to carry a tube of loctite in the pistol grip every time I took the rifle for fear the screw would come loose. I couldn’t trust the rifle and it bothered me which is why I just sold it. I wasn’t even doing very heavy shooting, just casual range blasting and about 70-100 rounds the screw would be about 3 turns loose. Also the small retaining screw that was meant to keep the take down bolt in place did not do its job lol. Lost the take down screw a few times.

Yeah, I’m sure the loc tite would hold the screw in place. But for $1k I shouldn’t have to do that. I also found it pretty off putting at how little MacDef seems to care about the issues people are having. I tried to ask them a few times about the take down bolt and they never replied, or suggested I use thread sealer or find a washer that fit. They just keep pumping out receivers with more and more issues and really don’t seem to care judging by some of the pictures I’ve seen here. My serial number was in the 70’s, and 700 later it still seems that there’s big issues. I’m glad I ordered a MS ( just have to wait until August !).

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    The whole idea of having a screw and heli coil as the retainer for the upper is a terrible design.
    Prone to stripped heli coil, vibration loosing the screw, etc...
    Also the upper can still move forward a small amount due to the size of the hole if it not completely tight or loosens off.

As opposed to the hook and pin on the ATRS which will not allow this to happen.
    |CCFR|