Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: ...

They would have had better results doing it by hand with a round file honestly.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    ATRS doesn’t employ woman in tight yoga pants to do their machining. MDI for the win.
    You obviously have never been to any of the events ATRS attends. They have a really cute lady who is also very knowledgeable on firearms working for them although not in tight yoga pants unfortunately.
    Spandex is a privilege not a right and unfortunately is not observed much any more. Even those shown hosing down a mill.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    You obviously have never been to any of the events ATRS attends. They have a really cute lady who is also very knowledgeable on firearms working for them although not in tight yoga pants unfortunately.
    Spandex is a privilege not a right and unfortunately is not observed much any more. Even those shown hosing down a mill.
    Wearing yoga pants in public, or leggings is gross and trashy.
    f:P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:47 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    I have a Maccabee it’s in the low 600’s. It’s flawless. Magwell, gas tube hole everything. Had it out at the range today and fired 200 rounds screw did not come loose. I just installed a washer on it now. They were 10 for $1 if anyone is having theirs come loose. Scooped this up even though I have a modern sporter coming in August and have zero regrets.

It's good to hear some positive stories too.
    At the end of the day, if it makes you happy and it works then that's great.
    There is usually more news about something when it is negative, rare to hear the positive.

Obviously somewhere along the lines of the low 600s and ___ the tooling started to die.

Can confirm at least 3/4 of the way through the 6’s it had hit that point.

How often should the tooling be changed out? Is MDI trying to push the absolute thresholds to make their $ go further with each set?

Shipping isn’t cheap either, and for a retailer to have to eat return, and resending it back to correct issues kind of sucks.
    I feel for the retailer, but at the same time want my product to be functional at least.

oww man that disappointing..
    i dont know what i,m disappointed in more the machining marks or the lack of QC, how is it possible to go from the mill to, the vibe, then to bead blasting, to final inspection, then to anodizing, back to the shop, QC inspection, then to packing and finally to shipping and NO ONE saw this?
    As rick say, stevie wonder QC .
    I think even he would have found this...
    you know there was a time when, Manufacturing, in Canada was one of the things we were well known for.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    It's good to hear some positive stories too.
    At the end of the day, if it makes you happy and it works then that's great.
    There is usually more news about something when it is negative, rare to hear the positive.
    Yeah man I heard a bunch of negatives to begin with. Having 3k worth of new parts sitting there was the deciding factor for me. I wasn’t waiting for my sporter. Ordered through CSC and they were great. if anyone’s on the fence about barrels take a look at the Bsf fluted carbon fibre barrel for either rifle. I was getting some groups with cheap federal bulk .223 that I didn’t think was possible, and i was playing with it not taking my time (just over 1/2 inch at 50) not a doubt it my mind it will shoot Sub MOA with something better. I’ll do a range report when I have more time. It’s going out for gophers tomorrow

Agreed The BSF barrels are very nice.

Attachment 266499

Attachment 266506
    CCFR — CSSA