Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Gotcha, maybe their machines are made by King Canada.. lol
    Actually Ive build some pretty high end furniture with King Canada tools. So its the monkey operating the machine thats to blame.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Actually Ive build some pretty high end furniture with King Canada tools. So its the monkey operating the machine thats to blame.
    Maybe they’re good for casual use but they won’t last long using them often.

If the machine is programmed y a computer, then it must be really stupid monkeys

BANNED
    Maybe they’re good for casual use but they won’t last long using them often.
    I work in an actual shop and the #### gets used everyday. But thanks for assuming that im a casual carpenter...lol...

Anyone who blames tools is either a ####ty tradesmen, Or is actually using Mastercrap.

I work in an actual shop and the #### gets used everyday. But thanks for assuming that im a casual carpenter...lol...

Anyone who blames tools is either a ####ty tradesmen, Or is actually using Mastercrap.
    Heeey!!!
    Mastercraft is awesome!
    Mine never broke and I use them about twice a year!!!(sarcasm)

Super GunNutz

I seen your work and it’s very nice, but I got to disagree about the tools,
    I’ve been doing carpentry work for 35 yrs and good tools do matter.
    I’ve seen King Kanada chop saws that couldn’t cut a piece of 2x6 square.
    So ya , King Kanada can eat a bowl of cock soup.

As for CNC machinery, I don’t get how there can be so many different issues , is all.
    Is it more of a sh!tty tool issue? Or inexpensived apprentices ?

I seen your work and it’s very nice, but I got to disagree about the tools,
    I’ve been doing carpentry work for 35 yrs and good tools do matter.
    I’ve seen King Kanada chop saws that couldn’t cut a piece of 2x6 square.
    So ya , King Kanada can eat a bowl of cock soup.

As for CNC machinery, I don’t get how there can be so many different issues , is all.
    Is it more of a sh!tty tool issue? Or inexpensived apprentices ?
    the machine doesn't do "everything"

the operator is responsible for setups, including fixturing work and indicating and zeroing tools. There is plenty of room for error here.

before that, the operator is responsible for maintaining the machine. Making sure the mill is trammed and square. Making sure the vice is trammed and square. Zeroing tool heights. Maintaining tools, measuring wear, etc.

The CAM programmer also needs to be good at his job. He needs to set feeds & speeds, making sure he is cutting within the constraints of his tooling and machine to ensure sufficient surface finish. He needs to use appropriate toolpaths for appropriate cuts, in the appropriate order, with realistic setups.

All of these considerations are subject to human error, and are exacerbated by trying to manufacture faster than you staff and machines are capable of.

i don't know what your understanding of CNC is, but it's nowhere near as simple as clamping stock in a machine and pressing go.

Super GunNutz
    I’ve owned an MV and an MS, I was on the Mac def bandwagon but as soon as rick announced the MS , I quickly dropped the Mac def.
    It would be beneficial to us if they succeed, keeps everyone in check.

So, if you put ATRS machine side by side with Macdef machine and used the same operater, would you get the same results?

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    It is a sign of the times of self entitlement for sure. Personally I would rather wait a bit and get quality that does not require being re-worked to be useful rather than the lies as to when and then have to fix a bunch of defects.
    You do know that some posters have had to rework their MS’s to get a few 3rd party hardware parts installed right?
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Regular
    They are trying to use a table saw to do a perfect dovetail joint, if that help explain the problem to the wood working guys.. EDM wire or broach is what proper shops do.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    the machine doesn't do "everything"

the operator is responsible for setups, including fixturing work and indicating and zeroing tools. There is plenty of room for error here.

before that, the operator is responsible for maintaining the machine. Making sure the mill is trammed and square. Making sure the vice is trammed and square. Zeroing tool heights. Maintaining tools, measuring wear, etc.

The CAM programmer also needs to be good at his job. He needs to set feeds & speeds, making sure he is cutting within the constraints of his tooling and machine to ensure sufficient surface finish. He needs to use appropriate toolpaths for appropriate cuts, in the appropriate order, with realistic setups.

All of these considerations are subject to human error, and are exacerbated by trying to manufacture faster than you staff and machines are capable of.

i don't know what your understanding of CNC is, but it's nowhere near as simple as clamping stock in a machine and pressing go.
    I understand it’s more complicated, all I’m asking is, if it’s outdated machinery or lack of knowledgeable machinists?

Either is fixable, just takes some$$$$