Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ...

Quote Originally Posted by Unholysavage View Post
    Interesting.
    Mine is in the 59X range as well, and the only issue I found was undersized gas tube holes in the uppers I bought. I drilled out my safety in the trigger box, simply to use the screw, but it wasn't necessary.
    Anodizing was perfect, machining of the magwell was flawless, the only mags that are a bit tight are the Heras from my WK, the pins were tight but not awful at all, barrel extension went in by hand with no issues and functioned without any issues.
    -Mag well would take about 50% of my mags, some metal, some polymer, but not necessarily two of the same brand. Badly machined corners and what looked like a glob of Cerakote. I introduced it to Mr. Dremel.
    -Gas tube hole undersized. Had to be drilled out
    -Bolt catch pin hole undersized. Had to turn down the pin to get it to fit
    -Buffer retainer hole undersized. Currently running it without the retainer.

The comments about the SLR being "NEA" quality, aren't fair to NEA. I've had 4 NEA ARs over the years and none of them had the spec issues of the SLR.

"MDI" should replace NEA as the go-to for describing bad quality control.
    Whatever

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Don't know how I missed this part of your post but anyways....

Reality is if it weren't for the Modern Hunter we wouldn't have ANY of these products. Before the MH (and even during the process of bringing it to market) the mere thought of this type of firearm being approved was thought impossible and mocked by many. Once it was successful others started to think that if ATRS could pull it off then perhaps they could as well. So when talking about giving credit where it's due, ATRS deserves their due.

If it weren't for them the closest thing to a DI "ar style" rifle we would have had would have been the Jard J48 and we all know how wonderful they turned out to be (yes, I had the unfortunate pleasure of owning one). Thankfully we now have Canadian product that is actually worth owning.
    I totally agree with you.

Did u contact macdef to tell them you don't like your lower?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Well said. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Don't know how I missed this part of your post but anyways....

Reality is if it weren't for the Modern Hunter we wouldn't have ANY of these products. Before the MH (and even during the process of bringing it to market) the mere thought of this type of firearm being approved was thought impossible and mocked by many. Once it was successful others started to think that if ATRS could pull it off then perhaps they could as well. So when talking about giving credit where it's due, ATRS deserves their due.

If it weren't for them the closest thing to a DI "ar style" rifle we would have had would have been the Jard J48 and we all know how wonderful they turned out to be (yes, I had the unfortunate pleasure of owning one). Thankfully we now have Canadian product that is actually worth owning.
    |CCFR|

CGN frequent flyer
    Last edited by Unholysavage; 06-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Airborn_69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    If the pupose of the post is to simply show the diff between the two products, why post in ATRS forum?

Post it in an open forum, where sh!t can’t be deleted.
    Thumbs up to you sir!
    Ex NFA Member.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutt-roc View Post
    i'd rather have my daughter be a whore than have my son work the guncounter at wholesale sports

Instead of drilling and dremeling,you should be sending it back for warranty,God knows what else can be out of spec.I check mine for mag fitment and all off them drop free,hopefully will get all the needed parts to start the build.By the way my upper came with already drilled gas tube hole.
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airborn_69 View Post
    Thumbs up to you sir!
    The OP has posted a thread about his SLR in the general forums, it turned into a near legendary thread with bans and suspensions (himself included) . He asked if we would mind a comparison thread in our private forum to ensure it can't derail into an absolute #### show. Up to this point, to the best of my knowledge, nothing at all has been removed or deleted. But thanks for playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    Instead of drilling and dremeling,you should be sending it back for warranty,God knows what else can be out of spec.I check mine for mag fitment and all off them drop free,hopefully will get all the needed parts to start the build.By the way my upper came with already drilled gas tube hole.
    That’s what I’m doing, waiting to see what they say. Drilling out the gas tube is something I can easily do, but I shouldn’t have to. My biggest issue is the barrel nut threads, shouldn’t have to use a wrench to install barrel nut the entire way.
    Homer: A gun is not a weapon! It's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon or...uh, a...an alligator. You just need more education on the subject.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:50 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."