Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ...

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Agreed The BSF barrels are very nice.

Attachment 266499
    Nice line up man!! If I knew how I’d post pics lol. What are ya doing for a muzzle break on the bsf barrel? I got a light weight heathen break from insite arms made up. Weights less the 1oz and Harley colour matched it to the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Nice line up man!! If I knew how I’d post pics lol. What are ya doing for a muzzle break on the bsf barrel? I got a light weight heathen break from insite arms made up. Weights less the 1oz and Harley colour matched it to the barrel.
    Attachment 266514
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by tactical_tech View Post
    Are you returning yours for a refund or exchange? I still haven’t decided what I’m going to do with mine

My BCG seems to fit fine, comparable to my other ARs. Barrels are super tight though as well. Also my barrel nut threads on somewhat stiff the entire way, maybe the anodizing is to thick, I dunno.

I have some small marks in the magwell but nothing like the OP showed. Maybe ATRS will take it as a trade lol.
    The finish in mine is very good, it just has all pin holes undersized (lol, I never thought I would complain about this)
    I'm returning to the store and they will verify if it is something easy to fix or if it needs replacement.
    Last edited by MiniMe; 04-19-2019 at 08:54 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Agreed The BSF barrels are very nice.

Attachment 266499

Attachment 266506
    I have 2 BSFs awaiting some range time. The idea behind them is neat, my only complaint so far is that it would be nice to have a shoulder for the gas block to mate up against. 1st AR style barrels I have encountered that don't have this. Took me a minute to figure out why my semi was a single shot. Easy fix once you realize this small detail.

Quote Originally Posted by koesdibyo View Post
    Obviously somewhere along the lines of the low 600s and ___ the tooling started to die.

Can confirm at least 3/4 of the way through the 6’s it had hit that point.

How often should the tooling be changed out? Is MDI trying to push the absolute thresholds to make their $ go further with each set?

Shipping isn’t cheap either, and for a retailer to have to eat return, and resending it back to correct issues kind of sucks.
    I feel for the retailer, but at the same time want my product to be functional at least.
    I'm 59x and it's a mess from top to bottom.
    Whatever

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    I'm 59x and it's a mess from top to bottom.
    Could you give some specifics of the issues yours has?

ATRS, no doubt makes quality products but you have to wait a long time to get it, MDI has issues that should be addressed ASAP before it makes damage to their reputation plus dealers should check them before they ship. I just got my MDI and it's perfect, I really like a takedown screw idea, it can be a great backpack rifle.
    I am glad we have more companies stepping up and manufacturing our own Canadian products lets give them a chance to survive.
    CPC,CCFR,CSSA My freedom is not for sale

Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    ATRS, no doubt makes quality products but you have to wait a long time to get it, MDI has issues that should be addressed ASAP before it makes damage to their reputation plus dealers should check them before they ship. I just got my MDI and it's perfect, I really like a takedown screw idea, it can be a great backpack rifle.
    I am glad we have more companies stepping up and manufacturing our own Canadian products lets give them a chance to survive.
    Arguably, ‘long wait’ is relative.

ATRS is on run #2, and based on my numbers with them on run 1 and 2... they’ll be done approx 350-400 lowers by September.
    An unknown number of uppers, as some people are ordering multiples, where as MDI is 1:1 ratio.

Latest batch from MDI has these issues, and is at approx 700 out the door.
    This, since sept/oct 2017.

ATRS since August 2018 (not even a year yet)

My friend has been on preorder #1 for the SLR with CDN Gunworx since Aprilish, and still nothing. A year and a half waiting, nothing.

I ordered my first ATRS in Aug, and had it just after the new year. I’m waiting for my second set, and will have it in about 5-6 months (approx).

ATRS will surpass MDI on units sold and in the hands of consumers by early 2020.

I am happy to see MDI is still ‘successful’ - but for how long at this rate with ‘NEA quality’.

We’ve seen from this thread along, low 600 serials are happy with their product, and the lowest recorded ‘not happy’ is in the 50’s.

50/50 on it being a good firearm vs one with major QC issues that technically make it inoperable (gas tube won’t fit, barrel nut won’t thread, etc)

In a world of “I want it now” the ATRS long wait is a negative.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN frequent flyer
    Last edited by Unholysavage; 06-04-2020 at 10:27 PM.