Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: ...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar

Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:43 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Sweet post, very nice of you to post these nice pictures. Im excited for my MS set
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

For someone who is out of the loop, buying this receiver makes your rifle non restricted? as long as it has the proper 18.5 inch barrel length?

Quote Originally Posted by Backyardplinking View Post
    For someone who is out of the loop, buying this receiver makes your rifle non restricted? as long as it has the proper 18.5 inch barrel length?
    Search Maccabbee SLR and ATRS Modern Sporter

Both are proprietary receiver sets; ie. NOT AR15 receivers. Although, they are "loosely" close in resemblance to the AR15, they are different (cannot interchange).
    However, both were designed to accept the majority of AR15 bits and pieces.

I ended up stripping and selling my SLR set and ordering a MS set. Should have it by August. I’ve had ATRS products in the past and have never been disappointed. Should have just took the risk and ordered prior to the FRT haha.
    |CCFR|

After having both I would say I agree 100%
    My ATRS MS is flawless
    My SLR had a few issues, totally serviceable, but not the same level of detail.
    Also enthused that people are happy with what they got as it's a great time for quality NR rifles in Canada.

That mag well on the MDI looks like they let some beavers just chew out the inside... I own a MDI (and work for a welding and machining company) but mind doesn't look that bad.... the outer finish is very co-op student level... but that looks like it came out of the Norinco factory lmao

My sentiments exactly. My SLR was totally serviceable. But it was a pain getting the roll pins in, and the takedown bolt kept falling out while I was shooting(well loosening off but once it came off). From what I’ve seen, and what I’ve come to expect from ATRS quality judging by past products I’ve had ( Modern Varmint) I would go with the MS. They are both the same price more or less, but I would have a hard time ever spending $1000 on an SLR again when the MS are available for the same price lol. IMHO the SLR is priced $200 too high for what it is.

Also agree that it’s a great time for NR. These products are all great and it’s good to have a little bit of competition/variety in the market!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    After having both I would say I agree 100%
    My ATRS MS is flawless
    My SLR had a few issues, totally serviceable, but not the same level of detail.
    Also enthused that people are happy with what they got as it's a great time for quality NR rifles in Canada.
    |CCFR|

Hole in upper isn't large enough to insert the gas tube. Not really a big deal though.
    Why isn't that a big deal? I don't imagine it being a very easy fix, but I've never owned an AR style semi before.
    ¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=٩(- ̮̮̃-̃)۶=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-17-2020 at 11:44 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Page 1 of 17 12345678911 ... LastLast