Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ...

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    I’ve owned an MV and an MS, I was on the Mac def bandwagon but as soon as rick announced the MS , I quickly dropped the Mac def.
    It would be beneficial to us if they succeed, keeps everyone in check.

So, if you put ATRS machine side by side with Macdef machine and used the same operater, would you get the same results?
    the actual machine used is probably one of the least important considerations. An expensive machine might add features that can increase the expediency of manufacturing or flexibility of the machine, but it won't necessarily make better parts.

as i described, the CNC manufacturing process has a lot of actors and moving parts. ATRS machinists could easily make their product on the Macdef machine to their standard, and vice versa.

Happy camper

I was fortunate enough to get a Macdef a couple of weeks ago and was able to start building right away. Installed a Odin 1-8 223 Wylde barrel 18.6 inch and shot these groups. Yup , I`m a happy camper.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by hitfar1; 04-20-2019 at 07:50 PM. Reason: goofed up on posting, same group oops!!

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    the actual machine used is probably one of the least important considerations. An expensive machine might add features that can increase the expediency of manufacturing or flexibility of the machine, but it won't necessarily make better parts.

as i described, the CNC manufacturing process has a lot of actors and moving parts. ATRS machinists could easily make their product on the Macdef machine to their standard, and vice versa.
    So why the fuc wouldn’t Mac def hire a couple of good machists? It’s got to be costing them more $$$ for return work, than it would to pay better wages.
    Is the SLR the only thing they’re making???

Try pics again

It really likes 50 gr. V Max.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by hitfar1 View Post
    Looks like you got a good barrel, nice shooting!

What trigger?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    If that's at 100 yards thats outstanding !!!
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf

CGN Regular
    Hell ill bite....
    my number as you can see is 101, no issues at all with it. The screw to take down does kinda suck ill admit. However I do think it makes for a very accurate platform.
    At the end of the day is it worth $1000? I don't think so.... Is it Accurate?? well this 6.5G is a 5 shot group at 100...
    Off hand standing at 200 yards hitting a 12" round plate is not even fun, its effortless. Who am I Joking its pretty fun.

I jumped on the BCL bandwagon at the start and I can say without a doubt biggest pile of Sh.t I've ever owned. While this may not be perfect or worth 1000. Its easier to fix the minor errors. ( not that I had any, and I've fully stripped this 3 times now as you can see the new cerekote)
    I have over $3000 into it, waste of money? each to their own =)

Im excited to get a ATRS as well however, and not to be a dick and maybe I'm wrong but If it wasn't for macdef submitting this through it wouldn't have opened the doors. same as BCL before STAG
    so I give credit where due. Just the same as the modern hunter (modern shotgun) (disclosure I've shot 3 modern hunters all sub moa).
    It seems a lot of these platforms get a lot of hate for various reasons. While I cant comment on what I dont own, I feel I can with what I have.

At the end of the day it should just piss us all off that we have to toe around this BS of what a legal and non legal AR is.
    and no offense to these companies but if a AR15 if variant wasn't a term I would be paying my hard earned money for a KAC, Noveske or Radian... just my .02c

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    Looks like you got a good barrel, nice shooting!

What trigger?
    It is the fixed 3.5 # Trigger Tech, and yes, 100 yds.

It is the fixed 3.5 # Trigger Tech, and yes, 100 yds.
    I thought the cartridge style triggers didn’t fit the SLR? Or is it just some?
    Homer: A gun is not a weapon! It's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon or...uh, a...an alligator. You just need more education on the subject.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Owning both I thought I'd post a few pictures here to show some differences for those trying to make a decision.

Just received this set a couple days ago and am still waiting on some parts so it's not yet assembled but here it is:

Initially it looks pretty well done. Anodizing is dull but consistent. Still looks good though.

Attachment 265867

Attachment 265868

But then I noticed a couple issues with the machining:

Attachment 265871
    Hole in upper isn't large enough to insert the gas tube. Not really a big deal though.

Attachment 265877
    And then there's this ^^^ Not quite sure what happened here

Now a few pics of the MS receiver. This ones assembled but you can still see what it's like:

Fit and finish is nice. Anodizing is a nice deep colored smooth hard finish. Doesn't mark easily.

Attachment 265881

Attachment 265887

Attachment 265888
    ^^^ Magwell is cut perfectly

I could not find a single machining issue anywhere on the MS receiver.

I'm glad there are companies building these products and we have options that until recently didn't exist. That being said I'm extremely impressed with the level of build quality and attention to detail that ATRS puts into their product. The MS is by far my favorite.

*please note, the purpose of this post is simply to show the difference between the two products and let you decide for yourself.
    If the pupose of the post is to simply show the diff between the two products, why post in ATRS forum?

Post it in an open forum, where sh!t can’t be deleted.