Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lwrci smg45

I'd be happy with a restricted one. I shoot at ranges..

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    Ya. It sucks. If Canada classifies it as an SMG, it's 5 rounds max. Good example is the Scorpion Evo. You can buy it in restricted, with or without the butt stock, or non-restricted with the 18.5" barrel. Doesn't matter, it's 5 rounds max regardless.

If you can find a gun that takes Colt SMG mags, you can get those in 10 rounds in Canada. Only other option for now for 10 rounds is something that uses Glock mags. Like the GHM9 with the GLock lower or an AR9 rifle.
    There are no SMG laws. There’s centerfire rifle and pistol laws for mag capacity. Unless a rifle style firearm is imported as a pistol only it will have 5 round mags. Unless the rifle uses pistol mags already. If they import a rifle and pistol version of the firearm you are restricted to the 5 round limit due to the rifle variant.

If it is using or compatible with UMP mags then 5rds it is.

BANNED
    That's awesome

Now that's one beautiful piece. A M-LOK UMP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    There are no SMG laws. There’s centerfire rifle and pistol laws for mag capacity. Unless a rifle style firearm is imported as a pistol only it will have 5 round mags. Unless the rifle uses pistol mags already. If they import a rifle and pistol version of the firearm you are restricted to the 5 round limit due to the rifle variant.
    I agree with the first half of your statement. I am confused by the: "If they import a rifle and pistol version of the firearm you are restricted to the 5 round limit due to the rifle variant." So.... if they bring in a pistol variant, it would be restricted to 5 rounds because there is already a rifle variant in Canada?

I question that because of the AR15. The pistol variant is here and 10 round AR15 mags are legal. I must be missing something...
    Last edited by Sarge_DL; 04-24-2019 at 07:43 PM.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    I agree with the first half of your statement. I am confused by the: "If they import a rifle and pistol version of the firearm you are restricted to the 5 round limit due to the rifle variant." So.... if they bring in a pistol variant, it would be restricted to 5 rounds because there is already a rifle variant in Canada?

I question that because of the AR15. The pistol variant is here and 10 round AR15 mags are legal. I must be missing something...
    Well, logic and Canadian firearms laws (and RCMP opinion) don’t often mix lol.

They no longer classify firearms the way they did when the AR15 pistol was first imported, at least that was my understanding when I asked the lab.

Btw, sweet sub gun!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    I've been waiting for these since they were initially discussed a couple of years ago. Definitely preferred the original stock design though. Oh well, I'm in for a restricted one regardless, just tell me where to send money!!
    Last edited by CobraGT; 04-25-2019 at 12:22 AM.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

Finally yes yes and more yes

From LWRC on Instagram, the retail cost on these guys is $2995USD.

Yowza.

Bradley
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast