Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Original Canadian military Armalite AR-10

Quote Originally Posted by L42A1 View Post
    Buy it RebelRouser. However, I don't think that is the correct optic.
    What would you put on it?

That's a might fine looking piece of equipment!

Quote Originally Posted by adubbz View Post
    What would you put on it?

That's a might fine looking piece of equipment!
    In every picture of that rifle I've seen, including the 3rd one down, that rifle is sporting a Schmidt and Bender.
    93AAĜ1976

The British empire was an incredible achievement. It brought civilisation to the uncivilised.

CGN frequent flyer
    Still a sweet scope, the scope alone retails for $1500 USD. I would probably buy this if I could part with the $3500

Quote Originally Posted by MattE93 View Post
    Still a sweet scope, the scope alone retails for $1500 USD. I would probably buy this if I could part with the $3500
    wasnt dissing the scope. I would love it too. its just not as issued.
    93AAĜ1976

The British empire was an incredible achievement. It brought civilisation to the uncivilised.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by L42A1 View Post
    wasnt dissing the scope. I would love it too. its just not as issued.
    Fair enough, an as issued one would be sweet. But that one sure is nice!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Epoxy7's Avatar
    It looks legit to me.

I have two of these rifles and have owned three.

There were 6 prototype rifles from Wolverine supplies plus one extra they had made up. They were shot 200 times for evaluation. Wolverine sold those prototype rifles with new lowers. After successfully testing those rifles A total of 18 I believe were were ordered and sent to the Canadian military in 2004.

After which we have what I refer to as the “bring back” uppers. The military uppers were sent in for refurbished and were simply replaced with new ones. The used uppers were then sold with new lowers. These had an unknown round count. Often had brown and or camo paint on them. Rattle canned. This however was short lived as the Military found out and stopped the sales of their old uppers. ( Wolverine would need to verify this)

These rifles consist of an upper with a shell deflector and no forward assist along with a badger ordnance stabilizer handguard. The barrel is a 24” Walther lothar 1:11.25 twist rate triple lapped and ceramic coated (probably some type of cerecote).

These are AR10B models and use the gen 1 m14 modified mags or the much better gen 2 specific mags from 2006 and on. Not dpms, sr25 Omaha compatible. The lowers have two stage triggers. The A2 stock has an accuracy speaks adjustable butt plate. The backup sights were GG&G wih tridium inserts which were part of the Military package but not included for civi sale. Same with S&B scope, suppressor, Harris bipod etc.

I kept my sale receipt which is pretty much the only way to confirm a prototype vs bring back. Plus you have to make sure it’s not a clone. The real ones have a non standard thread for the suppressor. Plus you can see a ring from the suppressor on the barrel.

What the Canadian military used later on is likely different. These rifles with that handguard and long barrel are very heavy. Awesome for target shooting but heavy to lug around. I sourced a so called Canadian military over run barrel which is identical including the odd ball threading but it is 20” not 24”. I used this for my super SASS build. I would believe the Military would ditch the heavy handguard as well. So likely later in use rifles look different. These however are Afghanistan circa 2004 rifles.

Oh and they shoot like you wouldn’t believe.
    Last edited by Epoxy7; 04-25-2019 at 03:48 PM.

Interesting. If this is legit ( and I'm not saying it isn't ) why not include a little bit more info on how exactly this firearm found it's way onto CGN.
    Why not explain why the upper doesn't seem to be anodized or coated? Give us something verifiable. JTF2 dudes don't just get to bring home their heaters to be sold second hand online.
    Fitness, Combatives, Medical, Edged Weapons, Shotgun, Rifle, Pistol- Get YOUR priorities straight.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Expried Business Member
    Please call 1-888-967-4867 to place an order

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234