Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 Parts Kit Now Available ~Limited Stock~

I missed out also. Damn.

It's only prudent to have a spare parts kit handy for any imported firearm imho.

CGN frequent flyer
    I got mine today.

I have to admit this kit feels underwhelming for the pricetag. I understand these are gun parts, but at the end of the day its a handful of mini ziploc bags with small metal parts, screws, and springs in them. I'm sure it'll be useful at some point and I guess that comes with a price, but $175 with shipping seems steep now that I have everything in hand.

Youza.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    I got mine today.

I have to admit this kit feels underwhelming for the pricetag. I understand these are gun parts, but at the end of the day its a handful of mini ziploc bags with small metal parts, screws, and springs in them. I'm sure it'll be useful at some point and I guess that comes with a price, but $175 with shipping seems steep now that I have everything in hand.

Youza.
    Pics plz
    Peace is the time it takes to reload your riffle- BoB DylaN

https://ibb.co/1zY0MJL

Underwhelming is the right feel for this package. They charged me 20 bucks to ship from Mississauga to Niagara Falls and didnt send me a type 81 manual like I have requested..top notch service. Maybe I will have these firing pins made at my friends machine shop out of spite. 175$ bucks is gouging your customers..shame on TI.

I'm glad to have the spare parts. I've justified the cost for myself... but understand the negative comments. One thing to consider, I needed a firing pin for my 742. One of the most popular guns ever. Do you think I could find a firing pin when I needed it? Absolutely not. I scoured the internet and every Avenue you could imagine including importation. Simply none to be had at the time I needed it. I eventually did find one, but had to buy a used bolt assembly to get it. $80 just for that.. and was happy to pay it. When I got it in the mail it looked half worn out. This was for one of the most common guns ever.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

So let me get this straight.
    TI announces in the first post that they only have 40 kits and don't know when/if they'll get more. Even then, people still bought more than one. That just doesn't seem very courteous to me.
    А ну, чики-брики и в дамки

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.g View Post
    https://ibb.co/1zY0MJL

Underwhelming is the right feel for this package. They charged me 20 bucks to ship from Mississauga to Niagara Falls and didnt send me a type 81 manual like I have requested..top notch service. Maybe I will have these firing pins made at my friends machine shop out of spite. 175$ bucks is gouging your customers..shame on TI.
    Thank god you got a spare mag spring

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBaconPancakes View Post
    Thank god you got a spare mag spring
    Hey now it applys lots of pressure to that 30rd mag when we got to consecutively top it up to 5, such intense pressure will affect it one day.

CGN frequent flyer 84fuegoturbo's Avatar
    Wow 175$, originally they were saying 99$ was to be the cost. I guess making people wait close to 2 years is a great tactic to bump the price up almost 100 percent.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Murray 3-D's Avatar
    Ill patiently wait for a TRULY useful parts kit. By that i mean one that includes more trigger components and bolt assembly parts. Other than the firing pin and extractor, this parts kit is pointless.

As for people saying its hopeless for those who dont have parts.... guess again, theres this trade called "machining", and there are these machines now called CNC's lol
    Just saying it how it is.....

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast