Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Troy 102 Non Restricted Semi Auto Rifle, PRESALE NOW LIVE!

BANNED
    I'd like to see a 7.62x39mm rifle at the moment. Thinking of just getting a receiver set of something and building one at this point because they are sure to all come with heavy barrels making them completely useless off range.

Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    I'd like to see a 7.62x39mm rifle at the moment. Thinking of just getting a receiver set of something and building one at this point because they are sure to all come with heavy barrels making them completely useless off range.
    Yeah I'm not sure whats with the heavy barrel trend.

So many cry babies about weight...get in shape and lose some belly weight. If not, I doubt a semi battle rifle is for you...and likely you don't shoot off range anyways lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gunz33 View Post
    So many cry babies about weight...get in shape and lose some belly weight. If not, I doubt a semi battle rifle is for you...and likely you don't shoot off range anyways lol
    So it is your assertion that only fat people that are out of shape prefer a light weight rifle?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    So it is your assertion that only fat people that are out of shape prefer a light weight rifle?
    Most likely.

I strap a 10 pound weight on all my guns just to intimidate other hunters

BANNED
    idiotic post.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Lol this guy....

A heavy barrel on an aluminum/plastic framed rifle completely flips the balance of the entire rifle forward. If you do any offhand shooting, standing, kneeling, sitting etc it feels like the rifle is twisting forward out of your hand at the pistol grip. It's brutal and a terrible setup.

With your mountain of experience I'd reference the XCRs with a quad rail and heavy barrels and the NEA 102. Atrocious setup for anything but seated/prone bench shooting.

Heavy barrels on a semi auto battle rifle is pointless. It's for bench rest shooters who measure a guns value down range on paper with calipers. And that's great if that's your thing and all.

Seeing as how 95% of all owners are going to modify their rifle anyways they might as well have put a simple lightweight profile pencil barrel as standard. Keep the cost down, weight down, most importantly keep it BALANCED.

I don't really care as I'm not jumping on the bandwagon until it's 100% proven and even then I've got my m14 to keep me happy.
    I too am perplexed by the enfatuation with manufactures putting the biggest heaviest piece of steel they can find on every AR type rifle.
    Only the WK180c kind of half saw the light (too bad it's a ####ing mess but I digress) lol
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Making them useless off the bench/prone
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Read the entire thread so far, awesome to see Troy entering the Canadian market, I have heard great things about the quality of their products.

I too am specifically interested in the 5.56 model, as 308 is too expensive for my blood.
    I am also not into pre-orders, so I will only buy one if they become a stocked item once released.

I am curious if we can find out a list of compatible parts with an AR15 platform - barrels, internals, bolt, etc.

I'm going to clean this up a bit. If I delete your posts it may simply be because you quoted one of the posts I am cleaning up.