Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10202223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW: Troy 102 Non Restricted Semi Auto Rifle, PRESALE NOW LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by jza View Post
    I thought NEA was out of the firearms game after "Black Creek Labs has recently made significant strategic and operational changes in order to move into a new era of developing and manufacturing quality products for the global defence industry and the individual Canadian consumer.

One of the boldest moves that Black Creek has recently made is the decision to demerge North Eastern Arms Group."

http://soldiersystems.net/2019/04/01...t-black-creek/

Great news. BCL has already sent me the repair kits for my 102's.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Runningfool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    But now that we know it was NEA's design, I am not interested at all. I'm surprised troy would risk their name on a design from a company that doesn't have a good rapport with many of its Canadian customers
    Only the stupid people will lose interest in Troy’s offering because the design came from NEA. The design is solid, NEA’s execution not so much. Put the design in the hands of a manufacturer like Troy and you doubt it will be a winner? I’m not surprised that you’re surprised....that’s why we’ve all heard of Troy rifles but no one has ever heard of Brian46 rifles.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Runningfool View Post
    Only the stupid people will lose interest in Troy’s offering because the design came from NEA. The design is solid, NEA’s execution not so much. Put the design in the hands of a manufacturer like Troy and you doubt it will be a winner? I’m not surprised that you’re surprised....that’s why we’ve all heard of Troy rifles but no one has ever heard of Brian46 rifles.

Attachment 281446
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Guys,

I'll chime in here as I worked with SFRC and Troy on this;

The only part of a firearm the RCMP care about is the receiver. For the AR10, it is the lower.

To get this project to market and avoid the 12+ month wait for a unique FRT, the IP for a 102 approved lower was licensed from NEA to Troy in the USA.

Because NEA is the original manufacturer on record with the RCMP, it will also be the manufacturer. Which is separate from where it is manufactured.

The Troy 102 is not a branded NEA. It is a newly made, Troy manufactured rifle that simply uses the NEA approved TDP which has been approved by the RCMP. The changes troy made to the receiver were submitted to the RCMP and deemed to be within acceptable tolerances to the original and therefore, we could move things forward.

If anyone wants further info, please feel free to PM me, but neither SFRC or TSE are misleading anyone here.

JR
    Thanks for the info!!

I must be the luckiest guy in the world. I have multiple NEA rifles and BCL rifles and the only issue I had was a feeding issue on my wife’s 22LR. Which they promptly fixed when I contacted them about it. I have pre ordered one of these and I am not worried one bit about the build quality of this rifle. Troy is a solid manufacture with one hell of a reputation for putting out top quality products and I expect nothing less with this one!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    There is currently no ETA at this time as the model I think they were basing it on, the BCL102B (5.56 one), was deemed to be restricted as an AR15 variant.

Ryan
    Hey Ryan,

5.56 version was deemed restricted and Troy are working to tweak the design and turn it NR or they are moving with the restricted version as is?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemist View Post
    Black, I'll add that to the post, thank you for pointing that out.

Ryan
    Cerakoted or anodized ? What aluminum will be used on the receiver ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    No.... Troy never ever ever owned or was partially owned by NEA or BCL for that matter.

Just because they used the AR102 as a basis for a firearm does not link the 2 or 3 companies in any way.
    There is no such things as an AR102, that's merely a canadian thing.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    There is no such things as an AR102, that's merely a canadian thing.
    What the #### are you talking about.
    f:P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by essorx View Post
    Cerakoted or anodized ? What aluminum will be used on the receiver ?
    Suppose to be type 3 hard anodize.

No info on the aluminium. Very little specs out there for a gun in full production for 2 months.