CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: NEW: Troy 102 Non Restricted Semi Auto Rifle, PRESALE NOW LIVE!

JR mentioned in the other thread that they took the lab results of the RCMP and they are doing some modifications to meet what they want for a NR 223

CGN Regular
    What is the ATMS for 500$?

I’m saying any further rifles chambered in .223-5.56, the ATMS was around before C-71.

Another week down, any updates?
    Romans 13:4

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Which is the design Troy was trying to base their 5.56 rifle on hence the issue with Troy receiving NR status.

The other dealer told me that Troy has since made a couple changes to the design and resubmitted in hopes that the Lab rules in it NR this go round. Fingers crossit it works out.
    If I was troy I would take the PAR receiver sets and make them semi auto. I played around with the idea myself. While I'm 99% positive it would be pretty easy to do, I've never seen one in person so I can't say for certain.
    "Yeah, when we shot at the Americans it wasn't so bad because they would shoot back and roll on through.
    But when we shot at the Canadians they would get out and kill everyone." - Unknown

I've gone from hot and heavy "buying it"... To maybe revisit this idea in a year after the ironing is done and range reports come around... Sadly I'll have to pay the... "and it works tax"... If it does. It's a good thing this preorder isn't based on a reduced msrp. So pay full price now or full price later. Woot. If the post intital offering price increases... I'd personally be out forever.

Quote Originally Posted by patjohnw View Post
    I've gone from hot and heavy "buying it"... To maybe revisit this idea in a year after the ironing is done and range reports come around... Sadly I'll have to pay the... "and it works tax"... If it does. It's a good thing this preorder isn't based on a reduced msrp. So pay full price now or full price later. Woot. If the post intital offering price increases... I'd personally be out forever.
    Same boat. Gonna wait til this unit is hopefully ironed out!

Small technical question : what is the size of the barrel ?
    Specifically the diameter at the gaz block for those of us wanting to install an adjustable one ?

Also is thr barrel standard AR-10 diameter at the barrel extension ?

Thanks
    Tous les jours nous nous endormons plus instruits mais pas forcément moins betes...

Additionally, if licensed by BCL, does it mean a BCL upper would be compatible (shared dimensions) ?
    Tous les jours nous nous endormons plus instruits mais pas forcément moins betes...

CGN Regular
    Licensed by BCL? as in bcl build the troy 102?

Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    Licensed by BCL? as in bcl build the troy 102?
    No they both are using the NEA FRT (licensing of intellectual property) but are each making their own compete rifles. At least that is my understanding based on how it has been explained.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .