Thread: NR Build Kit for 5.56 /.223 Semi

Question NR Build Kit for 5.56 /.223 Semi

IRG, any possibility of putting together an NR build kit for 5.56 / .223 semis?

Given there are a couple of options for NR receivers on the market, it would be beneficial (to me at least) to offer a build kit based around an NR length barrel.

Piecing together a variety of parts, from a variety of vendors, paying shipping for each part, and wondering whether they'll reasonably work together, is of minimal interest - though I am probably in the minority. A one and done purchase of parts that have been qualified by a trusted vendor would be perfect, especially one that could put together a value based option. Some may want the best, most expensive, rare parts for their builds, and that is great. Others may just want something affordable to get up and running.

I'd be happy to lend out my receiver once it arrives to ensure you have something to base a kit. Unfortunately, it won't be in hand until the fall.

Any interest?
    I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall.

I'd love something like this too!

Would be of interest to me swell

Well.......yes and no. I too was in a similar position, but once you figure out the value of getting the right part for you, a build kit becomes less attractive. LPK's are pretty standard, BCG's this is where things get interesting, do you go light weight or not. A gas tube is a gas tube, but gas blocks....adjustable or not. Furniture....wow huge universe there. Triggers ahhhhh, no way would I settle for anything less than a timney. So yea, it does take a while, but in the end you are building a custom gun based on what you want. Don't know what you want, but just want a NR rig? Buy a cheep donor gun and use the parts off it.

But wouldn’t a “cheep donor gun” be restricted?
    X22
    There's a bullet in my pocket burnin' a hole

CCFR

As long as it does not use an AR related major component, this will be interesting. Otherwise, FRT will not pass. Am I interpreting the law correctly?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    Well.......yes and no. I too was in a similar position, but once you figure out the value of getting the right part for you, a build kit becomes less attractive. LPK's are pretty standard, BCG's this is where things get interesting, do you go light weight or not. A gas tube is a gas tube, but gas blocks....adjustable or not. Furniture....wow huge universe there. Triggers ahhhhh, no way would I settle for anything less than a timney. So yea, it does take a while, but in the end you are building a custom gun based on what you want.
    this is where you see many people go wrong. Many times I have gone to the range and seen people have nothing but problems with their amalgamation of parts. Not everything works together out of the box.

But it would appear that way when these same people post online about how great their latest build is even though it has a stoppage every other round when you see it in person.

Having a gun manufacturer build you a custom AR isn't a sure thing either. If you want something out of the ordinary, few will stand behind it, I found that out recently.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

i agree great idea. NR kit all the way. but now hoping it wont be pricey......