Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: TROY Industries Sporter 102 Non-Restricted Semi-Auto Rifle

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Lol...
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

If Troy can manufacturer a Non-restricted 5.56 rifle they would seriously hurt ATRS and other Ma and Pa shops just by their market capabilities.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    If Troy can manufacturer a Non-restricted 5.56 rifle they would seriously hurt ATRS and other Ma and Pa shops just by their market capabilities.
    Except ATRS sells just receiver sets, and most people seem to like that, so I assume they will be fine. I like many others prefer to customize our guns.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fordmam View Post
    Except ATRS sells just receiver sets, and most people seem to like that, so I assume they will be fine. I like many others prefer to customize our guns.
    I'm pretty sure even if Troy sells fully built rifles that they'd also offer just receiver sets...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    Good lord. The RCMP at this point might as well just remove the restricted status for AR rifles. I bet there is more NR AR style rifles on the horizon and our market will be flooded with them.
    "If you elect a clown, you get a circus. "

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chanrobi View Post
    I'm pretty sure even if Troy sells fully built rifles that they'd also offer just receiver sets...
    Very first post states they will not be offering receiver sets.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    I have been told to expect to see photos of completed rifles next week. I have been sent photos of teh production along the way, but asked not to share as it shows proprietary jigs and stuff.

This is why I hate pre-sales and was only really forced into it as we are not the sole driver of this project.

JR
    JR, Any photos yet? Also, do you have a ETA for when you will have these here in Calgary?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by serial_k View Post
    JR, Any photos yet? Also, do you have a ETA for when you will have these here in Calgary?
    Troy promised to get me some pictures I can publish. So far everything we have been sent is not web friendly as it showed proprietary manufacturing bits.

I have seen a pallet of uppers and a separate pallet of lowers. Everything is going off for anodizing and then we are off to the races!

Troy expects to ship before the end of July and delivery to us will not take long at all.

The nice thing is that Troy built a lot of extras to what we ordered, so that our follow-on orders will be met in a 4 week rolling delivery.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Yes, but we took the RCMP report, made a new design based on the comments / findings and resubmitted.

All we can do is wait and see now.

JR
    Nice to hear! Keep the hope alive.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Actually production is in full swing regardless. Troy is a solid manufacturer and we (us and SFRC) sent our monies down for these rifles awhile ago.

It won't bother me if no one else buys at a pre-sale price as I'll have the rifles here soon enough and to be honest; I'm not a big fan of pre-sales myself. Yes, it is nice to get some affirmation with a pre-sale. However, the market is large enough for non-restricted rifles, I am willing to "gamble" by putting my money down in advance to get this project underway.

JR
    What is your guys cancellation policy on the preorder?