Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: TROY Industries Sporter 102 Non-Restricted Semi-Auto Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Farris Bueller View Post
    I own a BCL 102 and Rem 700 in .308 both weigh at least 1.5lbs less and the recoil is still very manageable. My Rem 700 has a 16.5 inch barrel and shoots amazing at 600 yards. The BCL 102 shoots almost just as good. I mean nothing is as accurate as a bolt action. What do you think a .308 should weigh?
    If you look at the average weight for a 20" barrel .308 AR style rifle they are 8-9lb with no mag or optic. I would say that the weight of this rifle is inline with it's competitors. I would be interested to hear what you did to your BCL102 to get it to 7lb. I build a 6.5lb Stag 10, light is not cheap.

Overall to me this Troy 102 looks like a fantastic value at $1800. I look forward to handling one in person andseeing real world reviews once they get in the hands of Canadian shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by fluidmax View Post
    Man, BCL102 will soon get another price decrease...funny to watch for sure.
    Nothing funny about that; please keep in mind that NEA/BCL revolutionized Canada's non restricted black rifle/AR market, it started this very trend. 3 years ago, there were only the XCR, Tavor, T-97, AR-180b, Vz58/858 and maybe a couple more. Keep in mind that despite the fact that the BCL is not as high quality or fully milspec as the Stag or the Troy, it also costs about $400-$600 less, which is actually an advantage for those not so picky. Also the BCL is just as accurate as the Stag(I own both).
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by cz52 View Post
    Nothing funny about that; please keep in mind that NEA/BCL revolutionized Canada's non restricted black rifle/AR market, it started this very trend. 3 years ago, there were only the XCR, Tavor, T-97, AR-180b, Vz58/858 and maybe a couple more. Keep in mind that despite the fact that the BCL is not as high quality or fully milspec as the Stag or the Troy, it also costs about $400-$600 less, which is actually an advantage for those not so picky. Also the BCL is just as accurate as the Stag(I own both).
    I think the MH came first

Quote Originally Posted by 45c View Post
    i think the mh came first
    mh?
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Super GunNutz
    mh?
    ATRS Modern Hunter., it was basically an NR AR 10

mh?
    It was modern hunter which pretty much gave others the idea to try it to. They took the initial risk. That being said I’ll be getting the Troy102 as it will be a good counterpart to my stag 10.

I’d take a steamy dump in my morning coffee before taking something from BCL or WK180

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    If you look at the average weight for a 20" barrel .308 AR style rifle they are 8-9lb with no mag or optic. I would say that the weight of this rifle is inline with it's competitors. I would be interested to hear what you did to your BCL102 to get it to 7lb. I build a 6.5lb Stag 10, light is not cheap.

Overall to me this Troy 102 looks like a fantastic value at $1800. I look forward to handling one in person andseeing real world reviews once they get in the hands of Canadian shooters.
    My rifle was delivered 8.3 pounds the Troy is advertising 9.5lbs “just a bit heavy if you ask me” with the new carbon fibre handgaurd and a one piece carbon fibre buffer tube stock it not only looks good, but weighs just over 7lbs 4oz no optic but good flip ups. Not saying it won’t be a nice rifle but for the extra money they could have cut some weight. Just saying, don’t really care either way.

Quote Originally Posted by 45C View Post
    ATRS Modern Hunter., it was basically an NR AR 10
    Right, the ATRS Modern Hunter... The reason I decided to leave that particular one out, is the fact that internally and function wise, is quite different than the AR platform(even if it looks quite similar); the ATRS also cost quite a bit more and I don't believe sold in nearly as many numbers as the BCL/NEA.

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    It was modern hunter which pretty much gave others the idea to try it to. They took the initial risk.
    The ATRS rifle might resemble an AR to the untrained eye, but the rifle is quite different internally; and yes that side cocking handle is also non AR and quite ugly if I may add. The was also not much risk, as this rifle was in no way a variant of either the AR 10 or 15 platforms, but it was an in house design, made in Canada, for Canada, as a modern sporting semi. The BCL102, is basically a AR-102, which itself later evolved into the AR10.
    Last edited by cz52; 05-04-2019 at 10:35 AM.