Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: TROY Industries Sporter 102 Non-Restricted Semi-Auto Rifle

Also want to point out that this isn't the first time that Troy made a firearm specific to our market and didn't bring it to the american market. They made the Northern Guard rifle, a 14.5" rifle with a flash hider that wasn't pinned and had a maple leaf on the lower. I absolutely loved that rifle. If I had the money to spare, I'd be ordering one of these 102's.

None of the modern semi-auto "102" named rifles have any ties whatsoever to the Sporter AR102 made in Holland before 1960.
    The most distinctive feature of the Dutch made AR102 was the custom magwell. The magwell was slant cut in order to allow the easy insertion and removal of small 5 round magazines. Also the magwell had an internal block that precluded the use of military magazines. There was also a sear block similar to what the post ban Colt AR15s had for a time. Otherwise, the gun is pretty much mechanically identical to an AR10 machine gun minus the auto sear. The AR102 upper was somewhat unique in that the front sight was narrowed and most were cal 308 rather than 7.62. The uppers were interchangeable between AR102 and the AR10 machine gun.

A prototype of the Sporter semi-auto was submitted to the ATF back in 1959 and the ATF asked for the magwell change and sear block addition to differentiate the semi from the MG. The ATF also insisted that the semi not be called a Sporter AR10 and Armalite/AI wrestled between the Sporter AR100 and Sporter AR102 names.

A scope-ready AR102

The AR102 shown with its magazines. Some of these guns were delivered in a nice box as shown.
    Last edited by HHollow; 05-15-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Informative and pics! Thanks!
    But if the American ATF demanded those features, doesn’t that mean the original Dutch 102 didn’t have them?
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    Informative and pics! Thanks!
    But if the American ATF demanded those features, doesn’t that mean the original Dutch 102 didn’t have them?
    The AR102 was an attempt by Armalite and AI to make a rifle for the US market. Most stayed in Holland and those imported into the US were without a flash-hider. (Dont know why) The AR102's in Holland have the mag block and sear block.

The AR102 was actually the second or third attempt by the Dutch to make a semi auto for the US market. Earlier, they created the "Armalite Sporting Rifle" which ended up being classified as full-auto. Less than a dozen were sold and most are in the US.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    So no photos of a real gun yet eh? Just taking pre-orders to fund the manufacturing. Avoid.
    This is not Maccabees Defense which pulled a fast one on everyone including the dealers, your looking at respectable companies dealing with a very solid manufacturing company in the States.

I have some questions

Is the warranty the same as the Stag-10? if not what is the warranty?

Will the 6.5cm model be sent at the same time as the 308?

if I pay in full, can you send a quick confirmation that I own the Troy-102 if our beloved government changes the rules and the rifle becomes restricted / banned to have the grandfather clause?

Thank you for your information

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Podzols View Post
    I have some questions

Is the warranty the same as the Stag-10? if not what is the warranty?

Will the 6.5cm model be sent at the same time as the 308?

if I pay in full, can you send a quick confirmation that I own the Troy-102 if our beloved government changes the rules and the rifle becomes restricted / banned to have the grandfather clause?

Thank you for your information
    The warranty is a standard "one year" as per Troyʻs regular warranty. Except any issues will be dealt with directly by us.

We should see the 6.5 at the same time.

Do not pay in full to avoid the ban. That is not how it works. If the Libtards ban a firearm, it also bans the import. If the firearm in question was not already in the country before the ban takes effect, it cannot come in. Regardless of what some other dealers are saying; Iʻm pretty sure if itʻs not actually here, the owner is S.O.L.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Do not pay in full to avoid the ban. That is not how it works. If the Libtards ban a firearm, it also bans the import. If the firearm in question was not already in the country before the ban takes effect, it cannot come in. Regardless of what some other dealers are saying; Iʻm pretty sure if itʻs not actually here, the owner is S.O.L.JR
    What do you mean by S.O.L ?

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Podzols View Post
    What do you mean by S.O.L ?
    S.O.L. equals "#### out luck"....

I highly doubt anything will get past the CBSA if and I say if, a ban of AR's comes to pass.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

so if I understand correctly, for troy 102 to be included in a possible reclassification, it must have crossed the border.

Do you have an update on the arrival date

And if I pay partially or even all, is there a refund since you can not sell the product?