Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617

Thread: TROY Industries Sporter 102 Non-Restricted Semi-Auto Rifle

$5 says they dont tell us

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    what kind of issues were you experiencing with Troy 102 ? it is great that you guys checked them out and test fired before selling them, but don't trash them because you trying to sell new
    BCL 102 as old ones had a ton of problems.
    There were actually a number of issues, but the most serious was that the bolt was not properly hardened. This was causing the timing to be off and we were also worried about a critical malfunction.

We also had issues with firing pins breaking and the mag release being an AR15 and not an AR10 so it wouldn't grab on the last round with anything but the Troy metal mag....

Other issues, but these were the most common.

As to us trashing one brand for another... we sell/sold BCL, Stag, Troy and Sterling. The only one we will not continue to buy for sale is the Troy brand. You are mistaking us for another dealer that is strongly pushing BCL at this time.

Troy may make a fine AR15, but we feel their 102 misses the mark.

We have zero issues with the other brands available and you will see all of the others on our shelves.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Hornychief View Post
    $5 says they dont tell us
    You can donate the $5 to your fav gun org. ;-)
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Well I wasn't gonna post anything about it since I figured it was an freak incident. But since it seems we were knowingly sold rifles that were faulty enough to warrant even more testing.

Got mine from the other supplier. After about 40-50 rounds it basically double tapped. Seems when I pulled the trigger the second round went of out of battery as it was being grabbed. Blew my mag appart. And damaged the rifle upper with a decent gouge. As I was banking on it being a warranty issue I never did get it fully taken down to have a look as that would have required a dremel.

Aside from needing new underwear and some minor bruising on my knee I was fine. Rifle was replaced. Mag wasn't sadly. Oh well. I neglected to record the serial number but what I can say is that it had a single ejector my new one is in the very low 300s and has dual ejectors. I have not fired the new one.

First rifle also ran like absolute crap. Couldn't feed to save its life regardless of if I used the stock mag or a dpms mag. Had to hard extract 4 unfired rounds. Overall 0/10 would not recomend. I'll get some pics up at some point today.
    https://imgur.com/a/UiAuO4y
    Last edited by PrettyBoy; 01-06-2020 at 01:48 AM.

CGN Regular
    My troy which i have yet to fire has the 4XX range serial number. I assume its safe?

Quote Originally Posted by d3vin View Post
    my troy which i have yet to fire has the 4xx range serial number. I assume its safe?
    x2^^

Mine is under 200 with dual ejector. No problems so far

I'm sure Troy (through SFRC as they are now the warranty centre) will sort out any and all issues.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Quote Originally Posted by Hornychief View Post
    Mine is under 200 with dual ejector. No problems so far
    Most were just fine. I still have one and it shoots just fine.
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the BCGs that the Troy 102's use are Toolcraft .308 reduced diameter firing pin BCGs. These seem to have good reviews down South and many swear by the brand, it should be a good quality part. Could it be the barrel extension causing the issues?

My Troy 102 was a case of a broken firing pin, I've included a picture for reference: https://imgur.com/59Hmg8F Looks like it's broken off at the reduced diameter tip.

Otherwise, mine has been accurate and spits steel casings aggressively at shooters to my right.