CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Wrangler Single Action 22LR Pistol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    if you are on Facebook look up Gun Blast.. Jeff played with a single six 22 mag cylinder in it.
    He came up with his own conclusion , I trust Jeff's experience and opinion.
    You can draw your own.
    Suffice to say it fit.
    What was his conclusion? You say it fit, I am assuming it also functioned fine?

Any word on bore diameter of this gun? I hear 22lr uses a slightly smaller bore diameter than 22mag?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Any word on bore diameter of this gun? I hear 22lr uses a slightly smaller bore diameter than 22mag?
    I know LR has a slightly smaller chamber than 22Mag (width in addition to length), never heard anything about the bore...
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Victory Formation

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    .220 22lr
    .224 22 Mag
    Canada is an ok place to live. / Ontario is a good place to live. / France is a tasty place to live. / Québec is home. / New Hampshire is paradise. /

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grain View Post
    I know LR has a slightly smaller chamber than 22Mag (width in addition to length), never heard anything about the bore...
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    .220 22lr
    .224 22 Mag
    Apparently the difference in bore diameter leads to the guns that are designed for both aren't particularly accurate in 22lr (at least compared to what they could be with a proper 22lr bore diameter). Just wondering if this Ruger has that potential draw back or not.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Apparently the difference in bore diameter leads to the guns that are designed for both aren't particularly accurate in 22lr (at least compared to what they could be with a proper 22lr bore diameter). Just wondering if this Ruger has that potential draw back or not.
    I don't think that is always the case in reality. My single six convertible is deadly accurate with very tight groups with the 22LR cylinder. At 7 yrds off hand I get a ragged hole, and if I am doing my part the same for 10 yrds. I can't do that with other 22 semi's.
    Gun control defined: The theory that people who are willing to ignore laws against rape, kidnapping, theft, and murder will obey a law which prohibits them from owning a firearm.

Uber Super GunNutz BigBeaverBoomStix's Avatar
    Definitely interested.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scott_N's Avatar
    Pretty hard to go wrong at that price.

Would be interesting to see a comparison between this and the Heritage 22lr in terms of accuracy, weight and etc. Though at around 100$ difference, the heritage might still be the test purchase.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123