Magpul glock 19 gen 4 mag well doesn't fit 10 Rd mags

GuiltySpark

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
I ordered a Magpul GL enhanced magazine well for a glock 19 gen 4
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Magpul-GL-Enhanced-Magazine-Well-for-GLOCK-19-GEN-4.html

It says on your website that newer 10 round glock 19 magazines might not fit - and its true. My mags won't seat properly.

Do you guys know of any tricks or work arounds to make it work?

If you are referring to the new Gen 5 mags, they changed the base plates on them. They are now more of an elongated shape with a bigger "lip" compared to the previous generations of magazines. Short of changing the base plate on the new magazine to the older style, there are no work arounds that I know of.

I've looked into this a fair bit, your options are:

A. Get a new magwell that works with the factory 10rd mags (they exist but most magwells won't work)

B. Get new mags

C. File down the magwell until it works (supposedly - personally I wouldn't do this)

I am looking to purchase one for a Gen 3, and from everything I've heard, sanding the may well itself is the best approach. At $30 odd bucks, that would be my direction. With some super fine wet/dry to finish, you'd be hard pressed to know the difference.

Ingot an Agency Arms magwell for my gen 3 G19. No issues with factory 10rd mags. Their website said there may be slight fitting issues but I found none. It says the same for the gen 4 magwell. I do recognize agency arms is pretty expensive for what it is.

Ingot an Agency Arms magwell for my gen 3 G19. No issues with factory 10rd mags. Their website said there may be slight fitting issues but I found none. It says the same for the gen 4 magwell. I do recognize agency arms is pretty expensive for what it is.

That's the thing for me. $30 magwell from Nordic isn't going to break the bank. I've seen some magwells for $100-$150.

Going to try a dremel.

Nordic also has some cheap $25 for 3 magazine bumpers for Glock mags. Quick to install and pretty decent.

I know you've already got the 10 rd mags but maybe just buy 17 rd mags from now on considering they're the same price. And you know, if SHTF.

Shame about this - just realized it doesn’t work with OEM mags.

Magpul commented on another forum on this topic many years ago. Still very relevant. California Compliant Glock OEM Magazines are dimensionally different (shorter) to the standard capacity Glock OEM Magazines.

Flush Glock mags aren’t ideal anyway . You generally want some of the mag protruding in the event you have to strip the mag out. Magpul mags and the mag well work pretty well with one another for this reason due to the Base Plates being designed in such a way.

The next issue is Rivets. Magazines with improperly seated rivets can and will get caught on “edges”. Both polymer and metal magwells in my experience have some adjustment on how this can be remedied. Minor polishing of the Rivet has helped some.

Back
Top Bottom