Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul glock 19 gen 4 mag well doesn't fit 10 Rd mags

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar

Magpul glock 19 gen 4 mag well doesn't fit 10 Rd mags

I ordered a Magpul GL enhanced magazine well for a glock 19 gen 4
    http://www.nordicmarksman.com/Magpul-GL-Enhanced-Magazine-Well-for-GLOCK-19-GEN-4.html

It says on your website that newer 10 round glock 19 magazines might not fit - and its true. My mags won't seat properly.

Do you guys know of any tricks or work arounds to make it work?

If you are referring to the new Gen 5 mags, they changed the base plates on them. They are now more of an elongated shape with a bigger "lip" compared to the previous generations of magazines. Short of changing the base plate on the new magazine to the older style, there are no work arounds that I know of.

I've looked into this a fair bit, your options are:

A. Get a new magwell that works with the factory 10rd mags (they exist but most magwells won't work)

B. Get new mags

C. File down the magwell until it works (supposedly - personally I wouldn't do this)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Greenhorse six's Avatar
    Alberta,using the first rule of how not to be seen.
    Magpul mags work , lol , you can sand/file down the sides of the mag base plate on factory mags, this works , as well as some after market base plates , I have a few KCI mags pinned to 10 with +2 base plates that worked .
    I ended up ditching the magpul magwell , there is no real need for it on a glock .
    Never Pet A Burning Dog.
    I have a serious phobia of being alone.
    I take solace in military tactics because they emphasize teamwork and working with others.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    I am looking to purchase one for a Gen 3, and from everything I've heard, sanding the may well itself is the best approach. At $30 odd bucks, that would be my direction. With some super fine wet/dry to finish, you'd be hard pressed to know the difference.

Ingot an Agency Arms magwell for my gen 3 G19. No issues with factory 10rd mags. Their website said there may be slight fitting issues but I found none. It says the same for the gen 4 magwell. I do recognize agency arms is pretty expensive for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by MellyVinelli View Post
    Ingot an Agency Arms magwell for my gen 3 G19. No issues with factory 10rd mags. Their website said there may be slight fitting issues but I found none. It says the same for the gen 4 magwell. I do recognize agency arms is pretty expensive for what it is.
    That's the thing for me. $30 magwell from Nordic isn't going to break the bank. I've seen some magwells for $100-$150.

Going to try a dremel.

Nordic also has some cheap $25 for 3 magazine bumpers for Glock mags. Quick to install and pretty decent.

I know you've already got the 10 rd mags but maybe just buy 17 rd mags from now on considering they're the same price. And you know, if SHTF.

Quote Originally Posted by jgun77 View Post

C. File down the magwell until it works (supposedly - personally I wouldn't do this)
    Tried this and it turned out really well. Thanks all

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    Tried this and it turned out really well. Thanks all
    That's intriguing... any tips?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast