CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Current Export Update

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    lets get that truck rolling!!!
    One of the ORIGINALS!!

And remember, INSURANCE is always on the buyer, if you want it, just ask for it and pay the price!!

Super GunNutz
    Name:  XS4svjN.gif
Views: 451
Size:  39.1 KB
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Export update:

May 14, 2019

We are still awaiting one permit that is currently in the system with the Dept. of State. .

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com
    www.irunguns.rocks

CGN Regular
    will the apr exports arrive with this batch as well ? or is there expected delay with the apr export as well? ( i know i asked this already in this thread, but i didn't get an response)

Only good thing is I got my reg. certificate allowing me to send in my NIA6.
    __Members__
    NFA CSSA

so does one permit on one item hold up an entire shipment? If so, would it not be a better practice to simply ship what you already have permits for? I have been waiting almost three months for a Tac light and a couple of mounts. If not for the exorbitant restocking fees you charge I would have cancelled my order and went elsewhere. This is getting ridiculous

It is and we do understand, as you asked the question I will do my best to explain it in detail for you and everyone else..

There are 2 governing agencies that regulate all defense products, State and Commerce. Commerce is very diversified, well funded and properly staffed. Currently they handle shotguns with barrels over 18', optics, entry level lasers, monoculars and so on. State or the division of State we deal with handles most of the export, and everything on the USML. They are severely understaffed and under funded. When the Government shutdown last year for 36 days a lot of the people that worked in these divisions sourced employment in the private sector and other parts of State, jumping ship was further fueled by the public announcement of Categories 1,2,3 migrating to Commerce which would basically close that division. As of Feb there were still over 250 employment vacancies within the State Dept. They have yet to recover.

As new people replace these key positions they introduce new policies, enforce old ones and change procedures without any notice. The latest being or deciding to enforce 121.1 of the ITAR. This is where every Manufacturer, Supplier and Exporter has to be registered with the DDTC. IRUNGUNS like everyone else who deals with multiple manufactures and suppliers felt the effects of these changes. A number of Manufacturers who produce ammo, accessories and even firearms did not renew their licenses. We can only assume, but this was most likely a result of the anticipated migration to Commence which has yet to happen. These manufacturers and commodities had to be removed from these licenses and the license applications resubmitted.

All customers who have been effected by this change in policy have been notified and we are currently in the process of notifying the manufacturers. A couple of April's licenses were also effected but this was caught earlier on and these licenses are in their final stages.

This change in Government policy along with current back logs have caused a ripple effect which has further delayed the release of current and resubmitted license applications for everyone who deals in this industry.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to cherry pick orders nor is it cost effective. There are a number of other procedures that also have to be taken into account when exporting Defense Products, some of these are quite costly,

Filing with AES, shipping from the US to Canada, Brokerage fees, duty and taxes and lets not forget clearing both US and Canadian Customs.

We are working at structuring/combining exports and should have a better direction by Monday on everything that can be processed. These license applications are very large and many customers and dealers have been effected. This industry is going through a number of changes both in the US and Canada and we are diligently working as quickly as possible to get things going.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your understanding.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by rajczak_kashka View Post
    so does one permit on one item hold up an entire shipment? If so, would it not be a better practice to simply ship what you already have permits for? I have been waiting almost three months for a Tac light and a couple of mounts. If not for the exorbitant restocking fees you charge I would have cancelled my order and went elsewhere. This is getting ridiculous

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com
    www.irunguns.rocks

Trying to understand your message, so people's orders that have been effected wont be allowed to ship but they received a notice about it? Is there any way we know our order is scheduled to be on this export after that permit comes through?

CGN Regular
    Soooooo if I have not received a notification about my Apr import then there is no problem ? Great :D

Hello
    I placed an order April 19th. Could you please tell me which export shipment that will fall into, and when expected arrival (very roughly) is?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast