Thread: Still Waiting for a response

CGN Regular

Still Waiting for a response

Maybe someone from eagle on CGN can help. I bought a barrel from you and emailed on Sept 1st about an issue with that barrel. I got a response back asking what ammo i was using and then the trail went silent. I emailed again on Sept 10 with no answer. It is now the 19th and I have emailed again. Can someone please get back to me? Every time I have called the store was closed or no answer.

The website is not loading and saying technical difficulties intermittently.

Not sure what is going on here?
    Last edited by YoungestPiperCub; 09-19-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    Take someone shooting - Encourage someone to get a Pal/ RPal

They closed their store front quite a few months ago. Dont think they care for it any longer.

What barrel and whats wrong with it?

CGN Regular
    Faxon ar10 barrel in 6.5 creedmore. Big gunner nitride. Faxon confirmed the Nitriding left salts in the chamber that is rough on the brass.

Try gravel agency. I think they import faxon into canada

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    What did Faxon tell you about fixing the problem. They are the ones that should know. Polish the chamber ?

You can get a chamber hone to smooth out the chamber, flex hone by brush research.
    CCFR, CSSA, NFA, CPC, BCWF, S.74

Also, if you have to deal with Gravel Agency, good luck.
    I had bought a brand new Rem 870. I got it home and tried taking the choke tube out, but the threads were all screwed up on the barrel. I was asked to send in the barrel and tube, when they finally sent it back 1-2 months later they had trued to fix the barrel by cutting new threads and re-bluing, I got the barrel back and the bluing job was horrible and the salts had rusted the inside of the barrel especially on the inside threads. After another long month and a half wait of sending it in again, they finally just sent me a new barrel. I went 3-4 months waiting to shoot a brand new gun. The good thing is at least they fixed it... but it did take a LOT of persuading.

CGN Regular
    Faxon did tell me to polish the chamber or shoot it and it would get better. The issue I have is that the roughness will not allow it to cycle. I have the gas block wide open with a proper gas tube and it doesn't have enough to do it. I dont really feel I should have to buy a chamber hone and fix a brand new barrel.

However given that Eagle has ignored 4 emails, 3 calls, and a cgn message/ post it looks like I will have to do this myself