Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hudson Manufacturing Admits All Warranty H9 Pistols Are Now Just a Pile of Parts

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Glock is definitely vulnerable to be unseated though, now that their guns are $1000 after tax in many cases.

When their name was building, it was reasonable to spend $500 for a decent gun that worked, as opposed to spending $1000 on an H&K.

Those days are done, though. There's little reason to spend the same on a Glock as you would on a Walther PPQ, or for a couple hundred more, a CZ Shadow2 that's way higher quality.

At some point, a company will unseat Glock if they continue to rest on their past accomplishments, just like Honda got spanked a decade or so after losing their innovation after being so great in the 1990s.

Glock is the Chrysler Minivan of guns, really, in that they once dominated the market and they'll continue to sell some forever, but their market share is just going to go down and down and down.
    A new glock (17 or 19) can be had for $731+tax, regular price (and the g48 is even cheaper). That's not much more than they were 5 years ago when I got my PAL, they've gone up in price far less than a lot of other similarly priced guns.

Obviously the market is saturated with polymer framed striker fired pistols these days though.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

KE arms has taken up the warranty work for hudson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    KE arms has taken up the warranty work for hudson
    Were they one of the companies making parts for the h9?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    A new glock (17 or 19) can be had for $731+tax, regular price (and the g48 is even cheaper). That's not much more than they were 5 years ago when I got my PAL, they've gone up in price far less than a lot of other similarly priced guns.

Obviously the market is saturated with polymer framed striker fired pistols these days though.
    Yes but about 3 years ago, a g19 was $1200

It dropped as soon as glock paid attention to our market with Canadian legal barrels. Huge drop. I was in the market for one and spent a long time looking at prices. I am unsure if they were cheaper "before my time" and then raised up to that, only to drop again.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Were they one of the companies making parts for the h9?
    I do believe they are the OEM for the slides themselves. So yes they have always had a hand in the H9 pistols. I think they are trying to buy the design or something. I do know they will be offering service for H9 pistols now though

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Glock is definitely vulnerable to be unseated though, now that their guns are $1000 after tax in many cases.

When their name was building, it was reasonable to spend $500 for a decent gun that worked, as opposed to spending $1000 on an H&K.

Those days are done, though. There's little reason to spend the same on a Glock as you would on a Walther PPQ, or for a couple hundred more, a CZ Shadow2 that's way higher quality.

At some point, a company will unseat Glock if they continue to rest on their past accomplishments, just like Honda got spanked a decade or so after losing their innovation after being so great in the 1990s.

Glock is the Chrysler Minivan of guns, really, in that they once dominated the market and they'll continue to sell some forever, but their market share is just going to go down and down and down.
    you are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off on your pricing

the new Glock 48's are listed at $650
    most others are $750
    if your a military/leo/first responded they are $100-150 lower directly from the distributor.
    Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12