Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine & Kodiak - Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    its Kodiak Defence with a "C" not an "S". This most likely caused the bounce back.

DOH! Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I'd love to hear whats going on too, currently my wk isnt getting used at all, every range trip the wear and damage gets worse and worse.
    I don't understand what you said here.
    You're not using your WK but it gets taken to the range and the wear and damage is getting worse and worse?

Quote Originally Posted by flavc3 View Post
    I've emailed kodiak asking about the proof mark on my threaded bolt assembly.....since my serial number falls within the recall.....but all I get is a " too busy to respond to specific inquiries please see attached info" I just want to confirm that my bolt assembly with the 5digit white numbers is indeed the proof mark and that it's ok to go even if my serial number falls within recall. Rather not send it in if theres no need.
    If your bolt is engraved 19129 it has already passed inspection and is good to go.

Too bad either Wolverine or Kodiak didn't upload the affected serial numbers to their websites so you could type yours in and see if its subject to the recall

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    I don't understand what you said here.
    You're not using your WK but it gets taken to the range and the wear and damage is getting worse and worse?
    I meant it’s not getting used anymore because each trip the damage was getting worse. Thought it was pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by mbucky32 View Post
    Too bad either Wolverine or Kodiak didn't upload the affected serial numbers to their websites so you could type yours in and see if its subject to the recall
    If we knew the affected serial numbers we would have already done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    I meant it’s not getting used anymore because each trip the damage was getting worse. Thought it was pretty clear.
    Wasn't clear to me but I may be slightly retarded.
    So are you saying that the WK is not well made? Is your issue only the recalled BCG or is it the entire firearm?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeShmow View Post
    Wasn't clear to me but I may be slightly retarded.
    So are you saying that the WK is not well made? Is your issue only the recalled BCG or is it the entire firearm?
    I have an early model with the magnetic charging handle. The early design lets the charging handle pop out of the BCG while firing just enough to bang and gouge up the receiver. I don't think alot of folks have this issue but the few that do have been vocal about it because of Kodiak's unwillingness to do do anything about it. I don't think anyone with a threaded charging handle has experienced this issue yet so its likely a small group of folks effected with early serial numbers. I loved my rifle till this issue started happening, but then became more vocal about it after Kodiak & Wolverine basically were not willing to help. The only thing i'm hoping for now is that an upgraded threaded charging handle will be offered to those effected with damaged receivers free of charge but with Wolverine scrubbing their forums of guys that complain about the issue and what I perceive as horrible warranty service from Kodiak the outlook doesn't look good. People effected will likely be asked to fork out more money to resolve it as they see it as an upgrade not a fix.

The vast majority of WK owners love their rifles and have had a great experience dealing with Kodiak and their BCG recall. I just happen to be one of the unlucky ones that gets to see the bad side of Kodiaks customer service. For the money its hard to beat the value you get from the WK in a NR semi auto, but just sucks lemons when you end up problematic firearm with crappy factory support.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    If your bolt is engraved 19129 it has already passed inspection and is good to go.
    Those are exactly the numbers......thank you my good sir.....gonna take her to buddy's farm next sat and break her in. ������������������
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Update: Only inspected bolts will have a number engraved on them, this batch number will change from batch to batch. Latest bolts will also have a Kodiak crest.