Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine & Kodiak - Announcement

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    Is Kodiak paying for the shipping?
    End user gets it to Kodiak and they fire it back.

** On another note, if posts in this thread are not contributing to a legitimate and civil conversation regarding this subject, then I will be removing them.... **

** on another smaller side note, this is not directed at you Dr. Hunter **
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Regular
    I have read on reddit that they decided to REPLACE the heat treat with black nitride. Nitriding will not cause metal to become brittle... but not heat treating will cause the steel to break.

This is information from an email from someone that worked at Kodiak and was quoted by someone on reddit... perhaps someone at Kodiak can confirm or deny this.

Quote Originally Posted by grimalkin View Post
    I have read on reddit that they decided to REPLACE the heat treat with black nitride. Nitriding will not cause metal to become brittle... but not heat treating will cause the steel to break.

This is information from an email from someone that worked at Kodiak and was quoted by someone on reddit... perhaps someone at Kodiak can confirm or deny this.
    Kodiak does not have an account here on CGN so they themselves would not be commenting on this, as well my apologies I am on the other site but have not seen that specific post. I can look into it for you and speak with Kodiak to confirm however. If you want to email at sales@wolverinesupplies.com I can dig for ya.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Kodiak does not have an account here on CGN so they themselves would not be commenting on this, as well my apologies I am on the other site but have not seen that specific post. I can look into it for you and speak with Kodiak to confirm however. If you want to email at sales@wolverinesupplies.com I can dig for ya.
    I don't have a WK right now but I was planning on a WK in the near future, just re-posting what I observed on Reddit... *Link removed per forum rules
    Last edited by CGN Admin; 05-02-2019 at 05:42 PM.

I don't have a WK right now but I was planning on a WK in the near future, just re-posting what I observed on Reddit... *Link removed per forum rules
    You need to email us the link, not post her on the forum here. Against CGN rules

Nitriding is a type of Heat treating, one of the best for steel if you ask me, we Nitride all of our steel parts, depending on what type of Nitride process is used.
    In basic wording, Nitride gives the steel part a sub surface hardness without effecting the the core hardness of the steel product .
    for example our comps are pre hard 4140 steel at 32 RC and then nitride treated, this gives a sub surface or what most would call a surface hardness the around 60Rc.
    without the issues of a full core heat treat.
    i,m sure this is what is planed for the affected parts, that said i,m not in the know, this is just what we have been doing for the last 10+ years and it works well for us.
    bbb

BANNED
    Ok this is a great "fix" for the BCG, but what about the damaged/gouged receivers?

Are those going to be replaced ever?

We all know that the gouged receivers are not normal "wear and tear"
    Last edited by Ironheart; 05-02-2019 at 07:03 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    So I have to pay $20 in shipping just to see if they sold defective product to me?

I am not even talking about the hustle and waste of time.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    20.00 is pretty cheap to have peace of mind. Just saying.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Regular Animatronic Fireman's Avatar
    It was listed as voluntary recall and not mandatory recall for safety. As well if there is potential it could gouge the receiver as an above poster has commented I think paying your own shipping is pretty reasonable. Either way you will also have proof your BCG is good to go if want to sell your rifle and a potential buyer is really doing their homework.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast