Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolverine & Kodiak - Announcement

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Never mind had defense spelt incorrectly
    Real men use peep sights

CGN frequent flyer Sherlock Gnomes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Please address all questions about the manufacturing process to Kodiak as they are the manufacture, they can be reached at: service@kodiakdefense.ca
    Thanks
    Tried this email with it spelt as defence as well as defense. It is bouncing back. Perhaps it is service@kodiakdefense.com?
    Real men use peep sights

Quote Originally Posted by raoufhakam View Post
    My WK180 is still on its way in mail to me (just left Wolverine's store yesterday), so im assuming its within the mentioned manufacturing dates?
    I just picked mine up this week and it was in the range for the recall.

Unfired by me, tested and passed by them

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    I just picked mine up this week and it was in the range for the recall.
    I also haven’t fire a round yet and this is getting too exciting for me (upgrade) already. Ready to operate!

I tried to email Kodiak and both don’t work so what is it?

So if they are going to do a recall on the magnetic charging handle for the screw in charging handle why not just wait to send it back for both potential issues?

CORRECTION

The e-mail for questions to Kodiak Defence is:

Service@kodiakdefence.com

Sorry for any confusion my previous error may have caused.

Just got an email from kodiak that should answer most questions. It is as follows:

Good day,

Due to the high number of inquiries about the bolt carrier recall, it is not possible to respond individually to each customer. Please see the attached Recall Notice.

To answer some commonly asked questions:

-It is unfortunately not possible to give a timeline for this programme. Turnaround will depend on the number of bolt carriers received and our production capabilities. Bolt carriers will be returned in the order that they were received.
    -It is not necessary to send in the complete bolt carrier group, only the bolt carrier must be sent.
    -Shipping costs to us are the responsibility of the customer.
    -Our serialization changed format from CA-XXXX-YY to YYCAXXXX at Wolverine’s request. The range includes rifles bearing serial numbers 0949 to 2246.
    -All bolt carriers which are found to be nitrided will come with the new threaded handle. Unless specifically requested, bolt carriers which were not nitrided will be returned as they came. If requested by the customer along with his or her contact information in the package, the bolt carrier will be held here until the upgrade is available. This may still be a few weeks away.
    -All serviceable carriers will be marked with an inspection stamp. This will be located on the side of the bolt carrier, visible through the ejection port when assembled.
    - A separate announcement will be made when the upgrade to threaded cocking handles is available; we anticipate that we will be able to offer this service by the middle of May. Please do not send in bolt carriers for this upgrade until called for. Customers who return bolt carriers for rifles not covered by this recall notice will have them returned to sender.

We value our customers and ask for your patience and understanding. We are working to correct an honest mistake in the best way possible, as fast as possible.
    Last edited by kuffs06; 05-03-2019 at 11:14 PM.
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Big JD-From the hills's Avatar
    The only way your going to tell if it is nitrided is likely with a set of test files. Really sucks that the serial number range is so large. I suspect some of the issues are to do with geometry. My carrier is not square at the rear, its relived in the guide rod area this means that it wont contact the takedown plate in that area when it cycles. I suspect if your bolt has survived 500rds its probably good to go. Would be nice if WK could offer spare known good parts even at the customers expense and then we send our bolts in for inspection/credit.

When I was building an ar 10 i noticed allot of bcg's were made from 8620 steel..... its really aneamic compared to tool steels or even 4140 for that matter. Hopefully our bolts were done right. I guess I will be wearing safty glasses for sure from now test firing my wk180c.
    Last edited by Big JD-From the hills; 05-04-2019 at 08:32 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    Kodiak took care of me!!
    Last edited by scott_r; 05-07-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf