Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine & Kodiak - Announcement

So, I have a wk180c on the way, it has the threaded bcg, could it still be affected or is thus for magnet only?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Are they going to recall the rifles whose bolts and charging handles eat the upper receivers?
    Guns only have two natural enemies; politicians and rust.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Are they going to recall the rifles whose bolts and charging handles eat the upper receivers?
    No they are not. Those are up to you to get the new threaded bolt, wait for a different fix or send it back for inspection. If on the recall list you’ll get a new threaded bolt. If it’s not then you’ll get yours back. At that time of you want the threaded bolt it’ll be an upgrade
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramasule View Post
    So, I have a wk180c on the way, it has the threaded bcg, could it still be affected or is thus for magnet only?
    Magnet only
    Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes!

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by kuffs06 View Post
    Magnet only
    Incorrect. The recall affects all firearms in the serial number range which can include the threaded bolt handle version.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    You folks will post an update when the threaded bolt handle upgrade becomes an option?

My rifle is from the first batch (sn 3xx), so it's not on this recall
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Thank you, I will check when I recieve the rifle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer randyhub's Avatar
    I get a real kick out of the naysayers hammering the WK180Cs.

It is a new sub 1200.00 rifle with a few teething problems that Kodiak is covering, 20.00 shipping who cares, that is like two burger meals....

Two of my buddys just had MAJOR XCR bolt carrier failures, and they spent over 2400.00 on their rifles!

So let's give Kodiak some support here, not hearing people going after Robinson Arms here........

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    You folks will post an update when the threaded bolt handle upgrade becomes an option?

My rifle is from the first batch (sn 3xx), so it's not on this recall
    Yes, if there is anything to announce or discuss we will be making sure everyone is aware.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer scott_r's Avatar
    I just wanna share the customer service i have received from Kodiak. I had the BCG fail on me prior to the recall, I actually have a thread on the black gun forum. They sent me a replacement within 4 days. The replacement happened before the recall was sent out one of the nitrated BCGs which failed again. I sent an email yesterday morning and got this back this morning May 7th.

Hi Scott,

You have our sincere apologies. We thought that your original one was a fluke, but there were six others that came in with the same problem. As a result, we initiated a voluntary recall for the bolt carrier last Wednesday (see attached.) We have eliminated nitriding from our heat-treatment process and this should not be an issue in the future. You will able to see that your bolt carrier is of new stock by the inspection mark on it. I will Xpresspost you a replacement; you should expect it by Friday. Again, our apologies.

Owen Herold
    Assembly Manager

Ive been in the shooting game for a long time, had all kinds of rifles with issues, this customer service is about as good as it gets,,,,its truly VIP warranty. We need to show these guys a bit of grace...this is a new product built for us Canadians. Im sure some of you guys have other legit concerns but I can say I'm very impressed!!!!
    “Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.” G. Michael Hopf