Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wolverine & Kodiak - Announcement

Hey All...

I sent my bolt carrier group to Kodiak last week… A brand new one arrived today, complete with new threaded charging handle. I am very pleased with this result and kudos go out to Kodiak for taking ownership of their Product.

Ty

Super GunNutz
    Yup, May 2nd to 14th, back in my hand with a new one.

Any news on what you guys figured out for this threaded bolt handle "UPGRADE" ???

I've allready sent my rifle back all the way across canada to have you fix some things.

My serial falls within the recall. I dont want to send my bolt back just to have a magnetic handle bolt approved and sent back. You should be recalling all the magnetic handles to save your aluminum receivers you sold us.
    Someone stop the planet and let me off for awhile. I need a break from all this stupidity!!! - posted by Northern Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalSparky25 View Post
    Any news on what you guys figured out for this threaded bolt handle "UPGRADE" ???

I've allready sent my rifle back all the way across canada to have you fix some things.

My serial falls within the recall. I dont want to send my bolt back just to have a magnetic handle bolt approved and sent back. You should be recalling all the magnetic handles to save your aluminum receivers you sold us.
    It is very frustrating, mine has 150 rounds through it and the magnetic handle has shredded the receiver, I found chunks of aluminum floating around inside the receiver. My carrier group is going back as it is within the range. Sure hope the threaded handle fixes the problem. Quite disheartening how much damage has been caused in just a 150 rounds

Quote Originally Posted by splazer View Post
    It is very frustrating, mine has 150 rounds through it and the magnetic handle has shredded the receiver, I found chunks of aluminum floating around inside the receiver. My carrier group is going back as it is within the range. Sure hope the threaded handle fixes the problem. Quite disheartening how much damage has been caused in just a 150 rounds
    Same thing happened to me.[IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by guess_kto View Post
    So I have to pay $20 in shipping just to see if they sold defective product to me?

I am not even talking about the hustle and waste of time.
    Your alternative is to do nothing and HOPE.

HOPE it doesn't break, or HOPE it breaks while its still under warranty.

$20 bucks is cheap insurance, and the resale value of your rifle will probably be hurt by MORE than $20 if it doesn't have the inspection mark on it.

$20 is pretty cheap piece of mind to know your rifle is good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jammieappleseed View Post
    Ya. This. Im not really into losing the bolt for 2-3 months while they go through this.
    Have you been paying attention to the guys who said they got their bolt turned around in 10 days or less, and in many cases got a free upgrade to the threaded bolt knob out of it?

This is top notch service from great Canadian companies. But its voluntary, so totally your call if you want to access it or not.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Your alternative is to do nothing and HOPE.

HOPE it doesn't break, or HOPE it breaks while its still under warranty.

$20 bucks is cheap insurance, and the resale value of your rifle will probably be hurt by MORE than $20 if it doesn't have the inspection mark on it.

$20 is pretty cheap piece of mind to know your rifle is good to go
    It seems odd to me that they don't know which rifles out of the serial range have been treated or not. I'm in manufacturing myself and if we discover a defect we know exactly what batches are affected and to who they have been shipped to. It sounds like they just picked rifles out of the line up to experiment on and didn't record it, which I guess begs the question that if you don't know which ones you experimented on how do you know if it worked?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by splazer View Post
    It seems odd to me that they don't know which rifles out of the serial range have been treated or not. I'm in manufacturing myself and if we discover a defect we know exactly what batches are affected and to who they have been shipped to. It sounds like they just picked rifles out of the line up to experiment on and didn't record it, which I guess begs the question that if you don't know which ones you experimented on how do you know if it worked?
    I see it more a case of configuration management that you would expect of a small company, and not wanting to add $50 in cost to each rifle to maintain exact records of each subcomponent that went into each firearm.

All of their parts are made in batches. Different subcomponent batches becoming available at different points in the production run. They might not know which firearms exactly went out the door with the new bad BCGS or with one of the old good ones. On any given day the guy assembling could have had access to both and without knowing any meaningful difference may have grabbed them randomly. It would be a full time job to serialize and log each component to each gun and be able to trace back to each PO or WO that created the specific subcomponent for known manufacturing issues. Taken to extremis you could have 1000 guns with hundreds of different configurations.

In a small one man shop its easy to keep great control of parts cause its all in your head. In large companies with full time QA and CM departments yeah they would have a more precise grip on stuff like this. But middle weight companies just aren't going to be like that without hurting the bottom line, and all just in case.

In the end, they know when the bad BCGs came into circulation, and know they when the bad BCGs were quarantined. And they know the guns that left the plant during that date range, and have issued the recall accordingly. That's about as good as its going to get without a full time configuration manager and that kind of inventory control over rather inexpensive parts would significantly slow production and drive cost.
    Last edited by Cameron SS; 05-16-2019 at 11:02 AM.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    My BCG will be home tomorrow took less than 10 days.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

i have non magnet and just floating bolt handle just want to upgrade to the threaded bcg mine was not in the recall