Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATT question - temporary needed for first restr purchase?

Super Moderator
    Corrine - Have you read the special conditions attached to your RPAL?

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Corrine - Have you read the special conditions attached to your RPAL?
    "I don't want to misstep on my first purchase, anyone else had recent experience with a first restricted purchase in BC?"

If this is the first R purchase, there are no conditions on the RPAL.
    Last edited by First_timer; 05-04-2019 at 11:42 AM. Reason: sp
    F.... THIS LIBERAL WOKE SCUM.

Quote Originally Posted by First_timer View Post
    "I don't want to misstep on my first purchase, anyone else had recent experience with a first restricted purchase in BC?"

If this is the first R puchase, there are no conditions on the RPAL.
    Then you need an STATT

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    Then you need an STATT

Shawn
    How about having the store mail it to the OP?

Then you need an STATT

Shawn
    I’ve been told by CFO that after my conditions were attached to the file I can take my restricted to the range before my new card with conditions arrives and if I get stopped by LEO he can see conditions in database even tho my old license doesn’t show them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenya View Post
    I’ve been told by CFO that after my conditions were attached to the file I can take my restricted to the range before my new card with conditions arrives and if I get stopped by LEO he can see conditions in database even tho my old license doesn’t show them.
    When I spoke to them last week, they said that although I have a valid licence in the system, they pointed out that it was a requirement to have a valid licence on my person.
    They were very clear, they could not advise me what to do and that it would be at the officers' discretion how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by First_timer View Post
    How about having the store mail it to the OP?
    How do you get it from the post office?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhenya View Post
    The call center worker can tell you what ever they want, it dose not make it the law.

Under c-42 there are only two time they attach the new conditions to your card, renewal and on purchase. If you have done neither you don't have it. On top of that under the firearms act it is up to you to prove you hold a liscense or authorization. How do you do that if you don't have the card and conditions sheet?

Also how do you know and prove what conditions you actually have?

You can feel free to take legal advice from a call center worker all you want, just know that what they say will not protect you in any way shape or form

Shawn

How do you get it from the post office?

The call center worker can tell you what ever they want, it dose not make it the law.

Under c-42 there are only two time they attach the new conditions to your card, renewal and on purchase. If you have done neither you don't have it. On top of that under the firearms act it is up to you to prove you hold a liscense or authorization. How do you do that if you don't have the card and conditions sheet?

Also how do you know and prove what conditions you actually have?

You can feel free to take legal advice from a call center worker all you want, just know that what they say will not protect you in any way shape or form

Shawn
    Newbie question.. My license has been approved but I haven’t received my card yet. Given that it’ll be a brand new card, after I purchase my first restricted will I have to wait for yet another card to clear the backlog before I can transport a restricted?

If so, I wonder if I can purchase a restricted and have it shipped and just have the new fancy card printed instead of the regular ol’non-restricted condition one.

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Ok so here's the biggest newbie question ever... what do you guys mean when you say conditions?? I'm waiting for both my restricted and non to get approved. What conditions am I looking at? I'm in Ontario, I already am a member of a club pending my license being approved. Was hoping to rack up my credit card the day I get my license! Am I looking at even more delays after the card arrives?

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    Ok so here's the biggest newbie question ever... what do you guys mean when you say conditions?? I'm waiting for both my restricted and non to get approved. What conditions am I looking at? I'm in Ontario, I already am a member of a club pending my license being approved. Was hoping to rack up my credit card the day I get my license! Am I looking at even more delays after the card arrives?
    This one I can answer for you.. There are conditions attached to your restricted firearms transportation. The 6 places you can take it (you can look those up).

The day your PAL comes in the mail you can go nuts spending. You can take the non-restricted ones home with you the same day. Any restricted ones they have to put in a transfer so you'll have to come back and pick it up at a later date.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast