Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ATT question - temporary needed for first restr purchase?

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    This one I can answer for you.. There are conditions attached to your restricted firearms transportation. The 6 places you can take it (you can look those up).

The day your PAL comes in the mail you can go nuts spending. You can take the non-restricted ones home with you the same day. Any restricted ones they have to put in a transfer so you'll have to come back and pick it up at a later date.
    Thank you very much sir. I appreciate it!!

Quote Originally Posted by xeronine View Post
    Newbie question.. My license has been approved but I haven’t received my card yet. Given that it’ll be a brand new card, after I purchase my first restricted will I have to wait for yet another card to clear the backlog before I can transport a restricted?

If so, I wonder if I can purchase a restricted and have it shipped and just have the new fancy card printed instead of the regular ol’non-restricted condition one.
    You will recvieve your RPAL without condtions.

Once you make your first restricted purchase you will get sent a new RPAL that will be 123456789.00001 and say special conditions attached on the front. It will be on a large piece of paper that will list the conditions attached to your RPAL. You must carry this paper with your RPAL

Until you have an RPAL with conditions attached you can not transport restricted except under an ATT

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    You will recvieve your RPAL without condtions.

Once you make your first restricted purchase you will get sent a new RPAL that will be 123456789.00001 and say special conditions attached on the front. It will be on a large piece of paper that will list the conditions attached to your RPAL. You must carry this paper with your RPAL

Until you have an RPAL with conditions attached you can not transport restricted except under an ATT

Shawn
    Thanks Shawn!

Here is a question I don’t know if you’d be able to answer.. I’m still 2-3 weeks out from even having my first card printed. I’m wondering if I can order a restricted to be mailed to my house and hope the new license that would be printed would go in place of the original.

This is a long waiting game! Normally I don’t mind too much but if I can shave some time off, then why not!

Unless you get packages delivered to you door step you have no way to get it from the post office to your house legally

On top of that if you are unable to produce your RPAL should something happen they are going to take your guns and you have to produce your RPAL within 14 days. What happens is you are unable to produce within 14 days can lead to the guns being forfeit and/or charges depending on the the cop. While technically you can, I would not suggest it.

Shawn

Good point. As silly as the laws may be in some regard, I don't feel like getting fined or imprisoned simply because I was being impatient.

I kind of feel like one would have a solid defense against the 14 days to produce a license given the 30+ day wait for them to be issued as of late.

But thanks for the info Shawn. I'll just wait patiently for my .0001 license and then .0002 after I made my purchase like a good law abiding gun owner :P

Quote Originally Posted by tiriaq View Post
    Corrine - Have you read the special conditions attached to your RPAL?
    Whoops, didn't return to this thread and didn't see notifications, sorry! But I have no special conditions attached to my PAL, only standard. With this being my first R purchase sounds like I will get either a new license issued to me, or a document sent to me to attach to my license to carry with it referring to these special conditions before I can do anything with this firearm. I wonder if they can email the special conditions to me?

Has anyone called for a STATT to take to their gun to the range while waiting for the new card to be printed?

CGN Regular
    In a place where the creeps won’t get me lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Tom View Post
    Has anyone called for a STATT to take to their gun to the range while waiting for the new card to be printed?
    I called the Ontario cfo with this exact question last Friday and she said it's all good to go back and forth to the range. I'm still waiting for my second card or conditions to come in the mail. The lady said if you are pulled over the police have this info on file. Just make sure you have your registration for the firearm with you. Been to the range 3 times so far and all I have is my first card. Just picked up my AR today from tenda and I might go again tonight!!!! So the answer to your question is let er rip!!! If your not in Ontario I would maybe call to verify but over here we good!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I called the Ontario cfo with this exact question last Friday and she said it's all good to go back and forth to the range. I'm still waiting for my second card or conditions to come in the mail. The lady said if you are pulled over the police have this info on file. Just make sure you have your registration for the firearm with you. Been to the range 3 times so far and all I have is my first card. Just picked up my AR today from tenda and I might go again tonight!!!! So the answer to your question is let er rip!!! If your not in Ontario I would maybe call to verify but over here we good!!
    thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Hvacpimp View Post
    I just called my Quebec CFO, same response! Make sure you have your first physical RPAL Card + Registration for the firearm you are transporting.
    Ladies, If your guy doesn't know how to shoot a gun. You Have A Girlfriend
    - CCFR and FQT Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123