Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATT question - temporary needed for first restr purchase?

ATT question - temporary needed for first restr purchase?

I am getting conflicting info from the CFP call centre and gun shop... I purchased a used restricted (Beretta 92S ) thru a local gun shop, seemed to be like on consignment so more of a private sale but they facilitated it. The transfer is now approved and I've received the first document in the mail. I had called the CFP call centre to check on the status before I got the document, she told me the transfer was approved and then said if I was picking it up at the store in person I would need a temporary ATT. I called the store and the person I talked to there said I don't need anything, I can pick it up any time and take it home, I just can't go to the range or anywhere else with it until I receive the registration and the new conditions for my PAL.

I don't want to misstep on my first purchase, anyone else had recent experience with a first restricted purchase in BC?

thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    If you have your buyer's copy of the transfer, that is your authorization to pick up from the store and take home. You can't take to the range until your registration certificate arrives in the mail.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneHorse View Post
    If you have your buyer's copy of the transfer, that is your authorization to pick up from the store and take home. You can't take to the range until your registration certificate arrives in the mail.
    Bill C42 negated the requirement for an ATT from point of purchase to home.

Authorization to transport needs to be a condition on your RPAL though. In AB we have to prove that we're members of a gun range before they'll give us that condition. Apparently that's not the case in ON?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Bill C42 negated the requirement for an ATT from point of purchase to home.
    I just said that. Buyer's Copy of Transfer. Not Att.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    In case anyone is wondering; any and all credit for the above comment shall henceforth be directly solely to StoneHorse.

Thank you.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

This is all what I had already thought, then the CFP person told me I needed the ATT (you would think they know best lol apparently not!). Thanks for the help, appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrine View Post
    This is all what I had already thought, then the CFP person told me I needed the ATT (you would think they know best lol apparently not!). Thanks for the help, appreciate it!
    Not uncommon with CFC/CFO employees. If he/she insists, just have it sent to your phone and get your gun. Cheers.

Not uncommon with CFC/CFO employees. If he/she insists, just have it sent to your phone and get your gun. Cheers.
    Good to know, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised they were wrong! Thanks again

Special Conditions on the piece of paper...

"Transport of a newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holders dwelling house or other place authorized by the chief firearms officer."

If you don't have special conditions listed on the front of your RPAL and the condition shown above by calibre on the conditions sheet of your RPAL,you don't have an ATT. And the CFP was correct you require a STATT

Shawn

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast