Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CDS Dials?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer

CDS Dials?

Can a VX3i with the standard caps and finger click dials have the external elevation dial like comes on the CDS models added to it?

Yes I believe they can Korth can change them over

I have the CDS, I wanna know if they can do the ZL dials on the VX3i!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Can a VX3i with the standard caps and finger click dials have the external elevation dial like comes on the CDS models added to it?
    We certainly can make this happen for you, with a couple of different dial options. Please send an email to warranty@korthgroup.com for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB is my Hero View Post
    I have the CDS, I wanna know if they can do the ZL dials on the VX3i!
    Yes, we can do this as well. With the original CDS, we are limited to one revolution; a zero lock can be added. As above, please email warranty@korthgroup.com for further info.

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Thanks for the prompt response KGL. Knowing that the ZL is also an option I may need to reassess what it is I want to do. A follow up question if I may; I have a couple older Vari-X models. How far back in the Leupold catalog do you guys go for stuff you work on/modify in terms of age? Ie, Can finger click or externals be added to older slotted adjustment scopes?

X2?

Business Member
    Thanks for the prompt response KGL. Knowing that the ZL is also an option I may need to reassess what it is I want to do. A follow up question if I may; I have a couple older Vari-X models. How far back in the Leupold catalog do you guys go for stuff you work on/modify in terms of age? Ie, Can finger click or externals be added to older slotted adjustment scopes?
    You're welcome!

The answer to your question is somewhat complicated. As a general rule, we can install a CDS system on most any optic back to 1989. However, there will be some older scopes (pre-89) that we can install the CDS; the only way to know for sure is to have the scope in our shop. Additionally, we can generally only install the elevation turret (all you need for CDS).

Hopefully this info is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

KGL

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    You're welcome!

The answer to your question is somewhat complicated. As a general rule, we can install a CDS system on most any optic back to 1989. However, there will be some older scopes (pre-89) that we can install the CDS; the only way to know for sure is to have the scope in our shop. Additionally, we can generally only install the elevation turret (all you need for CDS).

Hopefully this info is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

KGL
    Extremely helpful. The problem I'm going to have now is how and what I'm going to be revamping with this new found info! Thanks again.

Business Member
    Extremely helpful. The problem I'm going to have now is how and what I'm going to be revamping with this new found info! Thanks again.
    Glad we could help while adding to your dilemma of how to upgrade your scopes!

KGL

have 3 or 4 CDS scopes that I have not claimed the free dials for them yet. how do I go about this.
    thanks Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast