CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: CDS Dials?

  1. #1
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,425

    CDS Dials?

    Can a VX3i with the standard caps and finger click dials have the external elevation dial like comes on the CDS models added to it?

  2. #2
    Member justachip's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    44
    Yes I believe they can Korth can change them over

  3. #3
    Newbie JMB is my Hero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    About as far West as you can get
    Posts
    26
    I have the CDS, I wanna know if they can do the ZL dials on the VX3i!

  4. #4
    Business Member Korth Group Ltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Can a VX3i with the standard caps and finger click dials have the external elevation dial like comes on the CDS models added to it?
    We certainly can make this happen for you, with a couple of different dial options. Please send an email to warranty@korthgroup.com for more info.


    Quote Originally Posted by JMB is my Hero View Post
    I have the CDS, I wanna know if they can do the ZL dials on the VX3i!
    Yes, we can do this as well. With the original CDS, we are limited to one revolution; a zero lock can be added. As above, please email warranty@korthgroup.com for further info.

    KGL

  5. #5
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,425
    Thanks for the prompt response KGL. Knowing that the ZL is also an option I may need to reassess what it is I want to do. A follow up question if I may; I have a couple older Vari-X models. How far back in the Leupold catalog do you guys go for stuff you work on/modify in terms of age? Ie, Can finger click or externals be added to older slotted adjustment scopes?

  6. #6
    Newbie Shane Murray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Victoria bc
    Posts
    8
    X2?

  7. #7
    Business Member Korth Group Ltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Thanks for the prompt response KGL. Knowing that the ZL is also an option I may need to reassess what it is I want to do. A follow up question if I may; I have a couple older Vari-X models. How far back in the Leupold catalog do you guys go for stuff you work on/modify in terms of age? Ie, Can finger click or externals be added to older slotted adjustment scopes?
    You're welcome!

    The answer to your question is somewhat complicated. As a general rule, we can install a CDS system on most any optic back to 1989. However, there will be some older scopes (pre-89) that we can install the CDS; the only way to know for sure is to have the scope in our shop. Additionally, we can generally only install the elevation turret (all you need for CDS).

    Hopefully this info is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

    KGL

  8. #8
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Korth Group Ltd View Post
    You're welcome!

    The answer to your question is somewhat complicated. As a general rule, we can install a CDS system on most any optic back to 1989. However, there will be some older scopes (pre-89) that we can install the CDS; the only way to know for sure is to have the scope in our shop. Additionally, we can generally only install the elevation turret (all you need for CDS).

    Hopefully this info is helpful. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

    KGL
    Extremely helpful. The problem I'm going to have now is how and what I'm going to be revamping with this new found info! Thanks again.

  9. #9
    Business Member Korth Group Ltd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by rkm456 View Post
    Extremely helpful. The problem I'm going to have now is how and what I'm going to be revamping with this new found info! Thanks again.
    Glad we could help while adding to your dilemma of how to upgrade your scopes!

    KGL

  10. #10
    Newbie sty181's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NE Sask
    Posts
    8
    have 3 or 4 CDS scopes that I have not claimed the free dials for them yet. how do I go about this.
    thanks Brad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •