Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: C-71 set for third reading Tomorrow.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    please stop spreading bull#### information,C=71 is nowhere near a LGR,,they're not even taking any firearm info,so much for the LGR fear mongering,
    One of the purposes of an LGR is to confiscate an individuals firearms.
    If they know the PAL# they want to confiscate from then:
    a) they look at the list of ReferenceNumber buyer transactions for the PALer they're interested in, and find out what stores they bought from (seller PAL#), and go to the store and look up by ReferenceNumber/Date the make/model/serial of the non-restricted firearms he bought. That information is there for 20 years.
    b) if they bought from private individuals, then they use big data to find that seller PAL#'s web forum userids, and use their copies of forum sell information to find make/model (but not serial) of the non-restricted firearms that were sold to him. If the seller is selling one firearm that within two weeks, this works pretty well. It's a bit hit and miss if they didn't sell/buy, or if they instead sold it to another getting another ReferenceNumber for the second sale, or if they're selling multiple firearms within the two weeks.
    So, it's a slower LGR for both (a) and (b), but big data could make the latter (b) almost as quick but less accurate as the old LGR.

Variations on this work if a firearm is changed from non-restricted to prohibited.
    (a) you use import stats to find the stores that sold it, and run through the store's CFO logs finding everyone who bought that make/model, and get the serial numbers and PAL#, and go and confiscate.
    (b) you use big data to find the make/model, and get the seller PAL#, then use the ReferenceNumber database to find the buyer PAL, and go confiscate.

Both of these are a lot of work and a big waste of money, but doable.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

Uber Super GunNutz
    please stop spreading bull#### information,C=71 is nowhere near a LGR,,they're not even taking any firearm info,so much for the LGR fear mongering,
    Whiskey1. I know some people just don't want to face reality. I won't ask for your reasons why you don't want to see what's actually behind this bill and the DAMAGE it is doing to YOUR RIGHTS as a Canadian firearms enthusiast. Not to mention the GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN OUR LIVES BEING PUSHED EVER DEEPER.

You obviously haven't done any REAL due diligence into the aspects of this bill and it's future ramifications to firearms ownership in Canada. It is an onerous and strictly degenerative action by the LIBERALS/ANTIS to go back to their original intention for the creation of C68, complete confiscation of all civilian firearms ownership in Canada.

Read the posts by "rangebob" IF YOU CAN HANDLE SOME TRUTH. He does some extremely extensive work and attains much of his information from Statistics Canada and other sources with Freedom of Information Requests, at his own expense. He's done all of the hard work for you. What is it you've missed???
    A VOTE FOR MAX WAS DEFINITELY A VOTE FOR TRUDEAU

There has to be something we can do to shut the government down with all the scandals going on with the liberals. Lock them out or force a recall election. Something

Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    There has to be something we can do to shut the government down with all the scandals going on with the liberals. Lock them out or force a recall election. Something
    Unlike the US, we have far fewer checks and balances.
    TINVOWOOT

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by biohazard View Post
    Oh really, for what other purpose would they put this in place except to know who has what?
    bull..ther're not taking any firearm info,,so tell me exactly how is it a LGR,,LOL

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by bearhunter View Post
    Whiskey1. I know some people just don't want to face reality. I won't ask for your reasons why you don't want to see what's actually behind this bill and the DAMAGE it is doing to YOUR RIGHTS as a Canadian firearms enthusiast. Not to mention the GOVERNMENT INTERFERENCE IN OUR LIVES BEING PUSHED EVER DEEPER.

You obviously haven't done any REAL due diligence into the aspects of this bill and it's future ramifications to firearms ownership in Canada. It is an onerous and strictly degenerative action by the LIBERALS/ANTIS to go back to their original intention for the creation of C68, complete confiscation of all civilian firearms ownership in Canada.

Read the posts by "rangebob" IF YOU CAN HANDLE SOME TRUTH. He does some extremely extensive work and attains much of his information from Statistics Canada and other sources with Freedom of Information Requests, at his own expense. He's done all of the hard work for you. What is it you've missed???
    i did read the bill..also have some freinds involved in it,and NOWHERE do it mention taking any firearms info,all they want is to make sure we verify buyers licenses,.so keep fear mongering,as if most guys will bother with calling to verify,you have a license,you showed it to me,it's valid,that's good enough for me,in any case,i doubt this will even pass again,,the Libtards have so many issues against them right now,with their party heading for extinction,i doubt they want to piss off and blow off a million more votes,

i did read the bill..also have some freinds involved in it,and NOWHERE do it mention taking any firearms info,all they want is to make sure we verify buyers licenses,.so keep fear mongering,as if most guys will bother with calling to verify,you have a license,you showed it to me,it's valid,that's good enough for me,in any case,i doubt this will even pass again,,the Libtards have so many issues against them right now,with their party heading for extinction,i doubt they want to piss off and blow off a million more votes,
    Did you not read RangeBob's posts? He clearly outlined how the registry of transfers is basically a LGR.
    Last edited by mileageman; 05-09-2019 at 07:33 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    After C 71 i know for one, i will not be buying nothing except restricteds, optics and small stuff.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    Did you not read RangeBob's posts? He clearly outlined how the registry of transfer is basically a LGR.
    i did read it,,where do you see anything related to taking firearms information?.store have ALWAYS kept records of sales,so that's nothing new,but the info is useless since non restricteds can change hands may times the minute it leaves the store,so much for that store bought stored info being usefull.some will say,that when you call in to check a license they can know how many firearms you own,which again is worthless,since they dont know how many you have already,and since most serious guy have some rather large collections,they'll never know how many firearms you own,as for the same fear mongering about confiscation,that's been going on for 50 years,and yes some people did loose some stuff whit the bull prohib crap that went down before,but these days,the world is way different,and you can be assured that NOBODY is giving up anything no matter what garbage the Libs throw at us,and with RAPL license increasing by very large margins every year,the anti-gun woosies are realizing we are now a VERY LARGE group,well organized and well funded,and that scares the crap out of them,remember the biggest mouthes in the anti-gun nutgroups are very well paid to keep fear mongering and manufacturing a non existant gun crisis,they stand to loose so cushy jobs if they dont keep the pressure up,the one good thing we have now,is,we are LOUD,the libs know we are here,and i have it on very good authority,they know 3 million licensed owners,along with about 1 spouse per license holder and with 1 influencable voter that can work out to about 9 million votes against them,compared to the few votes they get by appeasing the anti-gun groups,and with the Libs most like going extinct in 2019,let's hope they figure out it's better to stay on out good side,and by then Canada will have gotten their head straight and destroy the Liberal party for decades to come,one can always dream,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    First person to call in a transfer will find out just what info is being collected.