Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: C-71 set for third reading Tomorrow.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    i did read it,,where do you see anything related to taking firearms information?.store have ALWAYS kept records of sales,so that's nothing new,but the info is useless since non restricteds can change hands may times the minute it leaves the store,so much for that store bought stored info being usefull.some will say,that when you call in to check a license they can know how many firearms you own,which again is worthless,since they dont know how many you have already,and since most serious guy have some rather large collections,they'll never know how many firearms you own,as for the same fear mongering about confiscation,that's been going on for 50 years,and yes some people did loose some stuff whit the bull prohib crap that went down before,but these days,the world is way different,and you can be assured that NOBODY is giving up anything no matter what garbage the Libs throw at us,and with RAPL license increasing by very large margins every year,the anti-gun woosies are realizing we are now a VERY LARGE group,well organized and well funded,and that scares the crap out of them,remember the biggest mouthes in the anti-gun nutgroups are very well paid to keep fear mongering and manufacturing a non existant gun crisis,they stand to loose so cushy jobs if they dont keep the pressure up,the one good thing we have now,is,we are LOUD,the libs know we are here,and i have it on very good authority,they know 3 million licensed owners,along with about 1 spouse per license holder and with 1 influencable voter that can work out to about 9 million votes against them,compared to the few votes they get by appeasing the anti-gun groups,and with the Libs most like going extinct in 2019,let's hope they figure out it's better to stay on out good side,and by then Canada will have gotten their head straight and destroy the Liberal party for decades to come,one can always dream,
    This is a big data thing. They can get what ever they want from it as long as the information is in there. There may be a few variables to the serial number of the specific gun but it will be enough to know what you are buying. After a few years they will have a pretty comprehensive database on what people have provided they are buying guns. If you don't buy anything they won't know until they pull up the old LGR backups that people probably kept on their computers. They will probably even scrap places like this site to get information on what people own if they can get away with it.

Peter

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    i doubt this will even pass again
    I'm betting Bill C-71 will pass third reading in the Senate today, with a vote approximately 50 Yea, and 30 Nay.

I say this because:
    - Bill C-71 second reading Dec 11 2018 was 50 Yea, 33 Nay, 0 abstentions
    - Bill C-71 motion to adopt Committee changes May 7 2019 was 32 Yea, 51 Nay, 3 abstentions.

If the Conservatives get elected in October, they'll probably undo a lot of it with a new Bill, but they'll have to wait until they've filled enough Senate seats to make it worth the bother. I haven't worked that out, but it's probably near the end of their 4-year term, or perhaps the election after that.

Bill C-42 was designed to allow governments to decide which firearms were controlled, putting more things into regulations.
    Bill C-71 is designed to disable people (Conservatives, CFOs) from making changes until a majority (majority House, majority Senate) came into power.
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

bull..ther're not taking any firearm info,,so tell me exactly how is it a LGR,,LOL
    Your info is recorded at the store as well as all info about the gun you purchased. This shows you as the owner of that gun. If gun shows up anywhere else other than in your hands down the road and you have not phoned in a transfer between you and the person they found with the gun(buyer and seller info recorded on new transfer requirement) you have an issue. Of course this does not apply if you choose to not call in a private sale.
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

Pardon my ignorance... why stock up now on NR semis? What will happen to the current NR semis?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rethius View Post
    Pardon my ignorance... why stock up now on NR semis? What will happen to the current NR semis?
    As soon C71 is law, all purchases will be registered at the store, if they restrict the MH let say, they will have a paper trail that gonna lead to you, they have no paper trail for the ones bought before the law.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rangebob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    As soon C71 is law, all purchases will be registered at the store, if they restrict the MH let say, they will have a paper trail that gonna lead to you, they have no paper trail for the ones bought before the law.
    I would have said there's no centralized computerized index to the trail (paper or otherwise) for the ones bought before Bill C-71 comes into force. (with some slightly paranoid concerns about those bought before the LGR ended)
    One eye to the past. One eye to the future. The wisest course.

How long do we have then?

It will pass in the senate today (likely) then it will go back to the house of commons for anther vote to pass it into law. The liberals with the majority will pass it (it's an easy win that they could spin for the election campaign) and will take effect very shortly after today or tomorrow.

Is there a list of probable firearms the rcmp may reclassify?

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    So to clarify, if the order is paid in full, the invoice is closed, serial number assigned and paperwork is filed. The sale and transaction are complete and not subject to C71, from that point forward it is YOUR rifle and we are simply doing some work to it. The paperwork being finalized and closed, is the point at which the sale is completed.
    So how do we pay in full - there doesn't appear to be a way to do it on your site right now.

It defaults to 50% and there doesn't appear to be a "pay 100%" option.