Thread: custom magazines?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar

custom magazines?

Hey, I was perousing the web for a larger capacity 788 magazine, I did read that some folks used to weld two mags together for a 5 shot.

You gents and maybe ladies over at IRUNGUNS bring in some pretty cool gear, including the AR pistol mags, what are the chances one of your suppliers could do a run of something like a 5 round cap 788 rifle mag, or similar for more common rifles like the 700 etc?

Good morning,

It's a interesting thought but there is not enough demand to make that cost effective project.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by cody c View Post
    Hey, I was perousing the web for a larger capacity 788 magazine, I did read that some folks used to weld two mags together for a 5 shot.

You gents and maybe ladies over at IRUNGUNS bring in some pretty cool gear, including the AR pistol mags, what are the chances one of your suppliers could do a run of something like a 5 round cap 788 rifle mag, or similar for more common rifles like the 700 etc?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

If you really want a larger capacity magazine, your best and easiest route would be to purchase aftermarket bottom metal that takes a readily available magazine. There are numerous manufacturers, and although some may require inletting, some are drop in.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cody c's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    If you really want a larger capacity magazine, your best and easiest route would be to purchase aftermarket bottom metal that takes a readily available magazine. There are numerous manufacturers, and although some may require inletting, some are drop in.
    I know where your going, but the 788 is rear bolt lug, and the factory mag is quite slender, fitting an aftermarket mag would most definitely require opening the bottom of the action, and while ive seen a 788 ground for AR mags in 223, I am hesitant to think that is the best solution with the 308 family of cartridges as the steel through that section is between the bolt lugs and barrel.

Thanks for responding irunguns team, what you are saying about the cost effectiveness is true, but mags are selling from $50-100 on here and are running low in availability, and they are quite a simple piece of stamped and folded metal with simple feed.

Perhaps Ill try my own, but thanks for the response.