Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Carbine

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    It seems to me that stores are blamed if they don't take a look at new guns for obvious damage before shipping, and also blamed if they do take a look.

I'm not sure how to reconcile that.
    How do you know they were inspecting the gun for damage or issues?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Would give this more respect if the short time frame didn’t make it come off as a tantrum. Just return the firearm and don’t do business with them again. My guess is, they won’t be upset to lose the patronage of an entitled customer. Steak analogy was poor also, not even close to the same thing, but good job in trying to negatively impact someone’s livelihood over something so minor.

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    It seems to me that stores are blamed if they don't take a look at new guns for obvious damage before shipping, and also blamed if they do take a look.

I'm not sure how to reconcile that.
    Some retailers don’t check for damage because they don’t want to see it (TI and the T81). Some stores will check, but I’d echo the previous poster; how do you know they were checking for damage?

Like I said; I like the retailer but they’re still human and drop the ball now and then.

This isn’t a big deal for the retailer.

I have an issue with folks slamming those people, like the OP, who post their displeasure on a forum. These forums are about discussion and that’s what the OP has done - caused a discussion. Some of these same folks, who bash the OP, are the same people who gush over a retailer sending out an order in a timely fashion; “a big shout out! Thank you so much! Yada yada...” With a click bait title on the forum.

At the end of the day it’s a vote with your dollar situation, but as a retailer I’d be keenly interested in feedback, as I suspect this retailer is.

Why whitewash it?

delete
    Last edited by JeffMan; 05-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Mine did not come with a spent brass casing, none of my ruger firearms did. There were signs it was test fired as Ruger test fire all of their guns. They may fire several shots depending if they notice any issues during the first test shot.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    So you think the OP is being petty, then you take issue with his metaphor?

Perhaps my literary prowess will please you...

It’s like... it’s like the OP ordered a brand new rifle, contacted the retailer to insure it hadn’t been on the rack, because he likes the poly bag and the smell of fresh PC9 in grease, because $800 is a big deal to him. Then he received a rifle in a damaged box, with loose accessories, a spring and component having come off the rifle, and it not being in the poly bag with the chamber flag in place. It’s like that.

Do you not think purchasers are entitled?

If I sent you a BNIB rifle, and you had received that rifle, after making sure thru correspondence that it was brand spankin’ new in box, would you give me two thumbs up?
    The OPs demands are not the issue, because his request should have been honoured by the retailer. The issue is not even giving the business 48 hours to respond and remedy the situation before putting them on blast in a very public way. It’s just common courtesy, and patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1986 View Post
    The OPs demands are not the issue, because his request should have been honoured by the retailer. The issue is not even giving the business 48 hours to respond and remedy the situation before putting them on blast in a very public way. It’s just common courtesy, and patience is a virtue.
    The OP didn’t make any “demands”. He simply verified that the rifle was what he wanted to pay his money for. That’s not a “demand”. As you conceded later, it was a “request,” I think it was a mere expectation of fulfillment of an order, and not an unreasonable one.

He hasn’t put the retailer on “blast” either - don’t be so dramatic. It’s a paltry criticism at best. To say otherwise is to say it can’t be rectified easily. This isn’t a big deal for the retailer. It’s easy to fix.

For someone so critical of the language used, you sure are flamboyant in the use of your own written words - The OP didn’t take the same artistic liberty you have. He merely stated facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Forester1986 View Post
    ... My guess is, they won’t be upset to lose the patronage of an entitled customer...good job in trying to negatively impact someone’s livelihood over something so minor.
    Your two statement are at odds.

Do you mean the retailer won’t care about losing him as a customer? Or do you mean he’s done a good job trying to ruin their livelihood? It can’t be both.

If they don’t care about losing him as a customer, why would they concern themselves with his patronage, in turn destroying their livelihood?

You imply the retailer is too busy to concern themselves with him - he’s so “entitled” after all!

No doubt that’s true in many circumstances. Some retailers don’t care.

I’d propose something different; Maybe they do care! Maybe they want to fix this.

While you suggest they (the retailer) doesn't care about it, and that they shouldn’t. I suggest they do.

You're insane bud. Oh no, they checked a rifle before sending it! I bet if they didn't and sent it with a scratch or something from manufacture that a quick check would have revealed (but you declined) you'd be all over then for sending a damaged rifle.

Seriously, I've worked retail, you suck, people like you suck. the rifle wasn't "messed with" it was checked, or inspected, a final qc if you will. Just to be sure they we're sending you a decent product.

You posted here just to make a scene. Pickup the phone and call, don't go all "let me speak to the manager, I'm the customer and I'm always right, you need to give me 80% off my next purchase or im sueing you!" Just ask what they do to check a rifle, and you'll realize it's totally reasonable. Don't go rage on the internet like a child.

People treat retail employees and stores like garbage every day, and it's terrible. Any reasonable person would call, ask questions and have a reasonable discussion.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast