Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Carbine

CGN Regular

PC Carbine

I take it you will have checked out your incoming "CONTACT US" mail (from last night) by now and will know I CC'd you the CGN post. As of 14.30 today no response from that. I guess weekend sales are busy.

I felt the post should be on CGN because of the bolt release issue.

I am happy with the gun.

What I am not happy with is that I asked SPECIFICALLY for a gun that hadn't been messed with. These get delivered from Ruger with a chamber plug inserted, and in a poly bag which helps stop the gun rattling around in the box while in transit. I am sure you have to check the SN to delete the gun from your stock. All that needs to be done is to slide it half way out of the poly bag and check the SN is correct. Then put it back. There is no need to chamber check it as there is a chamber plug holding the bolt back.

So, no poly bag, chamber plug left loose in the box. Toonie size hole in the box which certainly looks like it was made from the inside.(Presumably while box was open) Obvious evidence that the gun has been fired, possibly not extensively, but more than the once usually needed to prove it works. (Usually get the fired case in with a gun. Maybe not with these)

This is how I feel I have been treated.........Like I am having dinner in a restaurant and ask for a 'medium' steak. It comes 'rare'. I send it back to the chef who (irritated that his skills are being questioned) blitzes it and sends it back after spitting on it.

Tell me you wouldn't feel different.

I will use the CGN forum unless/until your 'Contacy Us' works. You are welcome to PM me.

TJ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer joe-nwt's Avatar
    ...I don't like making plans for the day because then "premeditated" gets thrown around the courtroom.

delete
    Last edited by JeffMan; 05-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Kind of lazy not to rebag it, and I don't know why they would need to remove the flag,but other then that..... it's not like they went to the range with it and then sent it to you.
    If the sights are nice and straight and it arrived intact, I would say your good to go.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffMan View Post
    The spent case is included for jurisdictions that require a spent case to be turned in to Law Enforcement.

Ruger test fires each rifle with a proof load. They also run at least a magazine through the rifle to test for function (this from a company rep).

Missing the poly bag is something I wouldn’t care for, it’s another layer of protection against damage. I’d also like the chamber flag to be left in the chamber if it has one.

Not the worst thing In the world to have it removed or no bag.

Isn’t it funny tho; TI won’t open a T81 box to check for a bent barrel - trust me, that misaligned rifle will be in the poly bag (no time to open that up! No sir!).

While some dealers will look a rifle over. I’ll take the straight rifle without the bag please. An inspected rifle with care taken to repackage in the bag, chamber flag inserted, is even better.
    I agree Jeff, when you are in store they will take the time to show you the gun, but when you buy mail order suddenly for some retailers there is no time to do a quick inspection looking for obvious flaws before shipping..... specially on some brands and models with known issues.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Sinasta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Talljoe View Post
    I take it you will have checked out your incoming "CONTACT US" mail (from last night) by now and will know I CC'd you the CGN post. As of 14.30 today no response from that. I guess weekend sales are busy.

I felt the post should be on CGN because of the bolt release issue.

I am happy with the gun.

What I am not happy with is that I asked SPECIFICALLY for a gun that hadn't been messed with. These get delivered from Ruger with a chamber plug inserted, and in a poly bag which helps stop the gun rattling around in the box while in transit. I am sure you have to check the SN to delete the gun from your stock. All that needs to be done is to slide it half way out of the poly bag and check the SN is correct. Then put it back. There is no need to chamber check it as there is a chamber plug holding the bolt back.

So, no poly bag, chamber plug left loose in the box. Toonie size hole in the box which certainly looks like it was made from the inside.(Presumably while box was open) Obvious evidence that the gun has been fired, possibly not extensively, but more than the once usually needed to prove it works. (Usually get the fired case in with a gun. Maybe not with these)

This is how I feel I have been treated.........Like I am having dinner in a restaurant and ask for a 'medium' steak. It comes 'rare'. I send it back to the chef who (irritated that his skills are being questioned) blitzes it and sends it back after spitting on it.

Tell me you wouldn't feel different.

I will use the CGN forum unless/until your 'Contacy Us' works. You are welcome to PM me.

TJ
    You waited less than 24hrs for a response.

If you're that upset about it, then you should call them.

If you didn't phone... posting on a public forum is ridiculous. Like ordering a steak, medium and getting it rare... then sending it back, but before you get a reply, you go on Google reviews, slam the restaurant, make a scene in the dining room and demand recourse.
    Perhaps talking to your waiter directly would have resulted in a correction, free meal and possibly a gift card.

Emails are answered first come first serve, and customer complaints typically are answered by a manager (who can be extremely busy on a weekend).

Tldr : pick up the phone.
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

delete
    Last edited by JeffMan; 05-01-2020 at 06:15 PM.

It seems to me that stores are blamed if they don't take a look at new guns for obvious damage before shipping, and also blamed if they do take a look.

I'm not sure how to reconcile that.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast