Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425262838 ... LastLast

Thread: New! Gsg mp-40 9mm restricted & non-restricted versions

Quote Originally Posted by Curtton View Post
    i cant stop laughing at how ridiculous the NR looks.
    Looking at it reminds me of the saying "Just because you can doesn't mean you should". How I hate these stupid gun laws. Remember a time when I could shoot whatever rifle I wanted with whatever magazine capacity I could buy.

L
    --------------------------------------------------
    "If sense is so common ..... why is it in such short supply?"

Threads like this make me feel terrible for gun makers in Canada because they get insulted no matter what they do.

Build a correct barrel length and people say: “That’s dumb, I don’t want a Restricted gun and I want you to design a non-Restricted version so I can use it”

Manufacturer goes through a huge pain-in-the-ass process to source barrels that fit that would make the gun non-restricted and people say: “Oh my god that’s the most hideously ridiculous gun I’ve ever seen”.

These people are trying to build you a cool gun. Buy one model or the other, or don’t buy either, but can we at least try to appreciate the efforts of those who are trying to design these guns for purchase?
    I don’t have a signature block.

Sell it with both barrels, best of both worlds.

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Still looks better than the non-restricted M84 Skorpion people wanted. But I’ll go with restricted all the same.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

CGN frequent flyer tenringbound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tj black View Post
    Sell it with both barrels, best of both worlds.
    Good idea, like the BRS 99.
    "Never trust a hippie" -the Sex Pistols

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Threads like this make me feel terrible for gun makers in Canada because they get insulted no matter what they do.

Build a correct barrel length and people say: “That’s dumb, I don’t want a Restricted gun and I want you to design a non-Restricted version so I can use it”

Manufacturer goes through a huge pain-in-the-ass process to source barrels that fit that would make the gun non-restricted and people say: “Oh my god that’s the most hideously ridiculous gun I’ve ever seen”.

These people are trying to build you a cool gun. Buy one model or the other, or don’t buy either, but can we at least try to appreciate the efforts of those who are trying to design these guns for purchase?
    For many people there is an aesthetic to guns. A prudent vendor would put a poll to figure out how many people like which one. Or suggest mods like a fake can. I'm in for both.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SIGP2101's Avatar
    Do not import that! What ever that thing is.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post

Are these made or re-barreled in Canada? I think the vendor just have sent the order to GSG and get what they asked for. There is a market for both versions. Vendor will figure out the ratio. Jokes and giggles are not insult - we just have a sense of humor.

Expired Business Member
    The ultimate goal is to find the right balance between affordability, value, and overall user experience.

Yes we could re-design the NR MP40 to have this extravagant fake can, beautiful shroud, we could change the whole front end, etc etc, but you would be paying $1200 per rifle, and then you would complain that is it too expensive.

Finding the right balance is tricky, and with this version, our focus was cost, and MSRP price. And I believe we have succeeded at keeping the cost relatively low ... will everyone love it, probably not, but you cannot please everyone anyways. Our laws are our laws, we have to adhere to them, regardless if we like them or not, and this specific law specifies that the barrel needs to be a certain length to pass the NR muster.

We have our loyal customers who appreciate the work we do, the guns we work hard to bring into Canada, and we will continue to do so! For the nay sayers, we appreciate your concern and humour, (we like funny), but negativity brings no solutions.

Guns are already under attack in Canada as it is, being "ONE" is what will keep the glue together, be happy that new guns are being approved for the market, regardless of what they are, or how they look.

#happyshooting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Just fake can it. I'll buy it.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.