Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 112123242526272829303132333435363738394151 ... LastLast

Thread: New! Gsg mp-40 9mm restricted & non-restricted versions

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    The STG would only serve a purpose if it is rimfire. .22 or .17 magnum with full capacity mags.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    The STG would only serve a purpose if it is rimfire. .22 or .17 magnum with full capacity mags.
    We already have those, the GSG StG44 in 22LR with 24/25 round magazines.
    "If you teach your kids how to shoot, when to shoot, what to shoot, and where to shoot, freedom will easily be maintained." - Erin Canales

Magnum, or Super Magnum.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    But so is the MP40......did you miss the context of this thread?

These are replica firearms using different non prohib actions.

Sorry if I was not clear.

We are talking about replica firearms with different actions like the ATI MP40.

The ATI 9mm MP40 LOOKS like a MP40 but is not prohib because it is not a MP40.

Why would somebody suggest something prohib?

Obviously we are talking a different closed bolt action etc.

It is not prohib because it looks like a prohib otherwise the ATI MP40 wouldn't be coming for sale right?

The Thompson M1A1 would be like the MP40 and designed to be acceptable semi auto.

5 shot drum or stick sucks but it would be cool and no reason it can't be done.

Would sell better than hotcakes!

It would looks slightly different like the ATI MP40 but it would be non prohib.

Maybe accessorize with a violin case?

Why would the MP40 be prohibited? It is not mentioned by name in the prescribed prohibited list, it is a new manufactured semi-auto only firearm and not capable of full auto. Thus it would be either restricted or non-restricted by OAL and barrel length.

Where as the Thompson design is mentioned by name in the prescribed prohibited list

86 The firearm of the design commonly known as the Thompson submachine gun, and any variant or modified version of it, including the
    which is already a giant hurdle to overcome to not be considered a variant as a closed bolt version of the Thompson can easily be considered a variant of the original open bolt SMG. Plus it mentions in the list of variants of thompsons several new production closed bolt replicas made by auto ordnance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I’d want an STG in the orig caliber, don’t know why everyone wants it in 9mm or 7.62
    I thought the Thompson was prohib because of the name, just like the AK. If they made a semi auto Thompson but didn’t call it as such would it still be prohib?
    As for the mp-40, as soon as I get my replacement pal in the mail I will be ordering!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanczar View Post
    How long would the inventory last when these go up for pre order???

They never will as it's a named prohib. MP40 is not

NVM someone else already answered it
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard View Post
    I always thought that the next evolution of GSG's MP44 would be one in 17 HMR.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Milanczar's Avatar
    Cabin boy aboard the New England whaler Pequod
    They never will as it's a named prohib.
    Sorry. Not as long as it is not as specified clearly any variant or modified version of it

The key is not a variant or modified version of the design of the Thompson.

Nothing about what you call it or that it may look like Thompson'ish' or Thompson 'like' on the outside.

The damn things can have the internals of a Soumi but look like a Thompson and not be prohibited by being called a either a Thompson, or a Tompson etc.

A single shot .22 can have the outward appearance of a Thompson M1A1 and not be prohib.

You cannot prohibit a .22 single shot bolt action by calling it an AK 47.

If that is how prohibition by name worked you can just call it a Tompson.

Or a Simpson.....

There is no prohibition with internal alternate construction and firing mechanism that cannot be converted that are not variants or modifications of prohibs named or not.

There is no prohibition on the outside of the receiver appearance.

There is no prohibition that the furniture of the firearm cannot have the outward appearance of a Thompson either.
    The path to my fixed purpose is laid with iron rails, whereon my soul is grooved to run.
    - Moby Dick, Herman Melville

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    " There is no prohibition that the furniture of the firearm cannot have the outward appearance of a Thompson either. "
    There is precedent on this.

The Mossberg .22LR that looks like an AK went straight to the banned list.

Enough of the classification banter!