Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 334345464748495051525354 LastLast

Thread: New! Gsg mp-40 9mm restricted & non-restricted versions

still no mags and one i have (which came with rifle ) defective , so cant enjoy , very sad . any updates for mags?

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Half way through November; some of the other vendors (whom I assume are being supplied by Blue Line) are listing an ETA of November....Any sign of the elusive magazines?
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grost View Post
    still no mags and one i have (which came with rifle ) defective , so cant enjoy , very sad . any updates for mags?
    Whats wrong with your mag?

Almost impossible to put second round in, ok with 1st and other ones (still tight but ok) but to put 2nd have to use tiny screwdriver or something else. After several weeks of trying able to use speedloader but still have to put power of both hands to press it inn . Called retailer and blue line, no luck they still don't have mags and recommend to open warranty claim but no point if no mags there.
    Not happy with translation in general.paid for the mags many months ago and nothing, no point to take to the range with one defective magazine.and story with the price if someone remembers. They announced one price then increased when realized people are excited and now it went down again, not nice for just couple of month. So no more preorders purchases for me .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Curtton's Avatar
    Almost impossible to put second round in, ok with 1st and other ones (still tight but ok) but to put 2nd have to use tiny screwdriver or something else. After several weeks of trying able to use speedloader but still have to put power of both hands to press it inn . Called retailer and blue line, no luck they still don't have mags and recommend to open warranty claim but no point if no mags there.
    Not happy with translation in general.paid for the mags many months ago and nothing, no point to take to the range with one defective magazine.and story with the price if someone remembers. They announced one price then increased when realized people are excited and now it went down again, not nice for just couple of month. So no more preorders purchases for me .
    weird but my mag is fine... yeah, i remember the bait and bump on the price, im not happy seeing the price back down albeit temporary. havent they learnt from the M10X price fiasco? people will rebel with their wallets, M10X just dropped their price by $300, oooouch.

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    Although not ideal, you could try to fix it yourself; I would suggest removing the pinning rivet (use a drill press and drill it out), dismantle the components (base-plate, interior base-plate, magazine spring and follower). The follower on these magazines has a notch that looks like it's made to accommodate the rivet, but the drill hole for the rivet itself will have burrs and can flare out a fair bit; use a file to grind the drill hole smooth on the inside of the magazine body, install a new rivet (use as small as possible while still being tight enough and big enough to do its intended job and comply with regulations; don't forget to insert the follower before riveting), re-assemble and it may clear your problem.
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

Thanks , I now it possible to fix it but I don't think I have to, new item should be ok or replaced. Anyway am not happy,but looks like I am only one , if everybody else is ok, so it's my luck or......?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyesports View Post
    WTF this have to do with the mp40 9mm mags and availability???
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

I am having a magazine issue as well. Will not feed into the chamber... So I am waiting to get more magazines before I can go back to the range. You are not alone.
    "Do not write simply to be understood, write so that it is not possible too be misunderstood"

Robert Louis Stevenson