Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Target Sports Canada

Ventilation? Lighting? What’s that? Don’t need those things you girls.

Associate member since last year, seems like a great facility to me. Great staff, instructors, and the IDPA/IPSC practice nights are great too. New air system, back stop, etc. As far as a business over a club, it's a bit of both and doesn't bother me one bit, I am happy that I have a range in my area and will continue to support TSC.

http://www.targetsportscanada.com/facility
    Last edited by 1ABNDT; 05-15-2019 at 05:46 PM.

CGN Regular
    Either some range in Burlington/Hamilton area or Gagnon Sports in Oshawa is about the closet distance you can go for indoor.

For outdoors, Silverdale is full for member now, but you can do walk in. Or try Ontario Rifle Association for any of their events at CFB Borden, probably closer than silverdale.

Last edited by FEDGE2.0; 09-14-2019 at 09:58 AM.

CGN Regular
    Of course someone who joined CGN within the past 2 weeks and has only 15 posts thinks TSC is the greatest facility. A simple search on here you will find dozens if not hundreds of complaints about TSC.
    But I guess if its the only place you ever been it has to be great right?

I recommend anyone considering joining TSC do your research first, you will quickly learn the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Associate member since last year, seems like a great facility to me. Great staff, instructors, and the IDPA/IPSC practice nights a great too. New air system, back stop, etc. As far as a business over a club, it's a bit of both and doesn't bother me one bit, I am happy that I have a range in my area and will continue to support TSC.

http://www.targetsportscanada.com/facility

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    It seems a lot of people have an axe to grind with Target. I don't know how much of it is real.

I've been a member (currently it's called Calibre gun club, previously Grange) for about 8 years. I don't regret it. It's not perfect. If there was a better, more convenient, closer to Toronto, usable in the winter, club I would switch. But there isn't. And I've never had an issue with the staff. A few are a bit surly, but most are nice.

Yes, the targets retrievers sometimes don't work, but nearly all do. Would you rather wait for a ceasefire and switch your targets by hand?

Anytime you shoot indoors frequently, you should be using an air filter.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

CGN Regular
    burlington has a 2 year wait list, you might as well do gagnon facility is clean and everything is pretty new

Range Burlington is open for members, you just sign up, and walk-in on one of their Safety Course Days. Usually there is space for a few people, and worst case, you can show up again and you will probably be prioritized if you didn't make it the first time you showed up.

Everyone I know got in the first time they showed up though.

I personally didn't feel Target Sports was bad, I actually liked it. The only con was 25 metre range, and me driving the 401 & 404 to get there (traffic sucks haha).

Never had an issue with any of the staff myself either...

If anything, I was maybe worried about someone being unsafe, same with any range though. I just know when I went one of the stalls DID have bullet holes in the table meaning, someone must have point-blank fired their gun on the shooting table in one of the stalls. But I never noticed any unsafe guests/issues when I did go. I always got a spot, but before I used to leave, usually there's people waiting for a free stall to open up for sure. (it's happened before at Range Burlington and Silverdale too though; no free stalls so that's hit or miss).

Two years ago I was visiting a friend in Markham and he insisted Target Sports was great. He took me one evening and we walked in and there were two giant beefcakes in wife beaters, they had gold teeth with giant gold clocks around their neck and were taking pictures of a blonde in yoga pants who was posing with a pistol in the stall. She was doing duck face and had her finger on the trigger.

The issue with Target sports is safety,

I have been there for 10 years and it's only 10 mn from my house , so that is convenience .

Some Members come in the morning and start shooting with the green light still ON.

and that did not happen only once .

Some Members I don't know where they have learned their basic safety ,(like where to encase a firearm, not servicing their gun when It's loaded) thinks I see sometimes on the range is unacceptable. That should be membership cancellation on the spot.

the main issue is the revolving door they have with staff, standard & consistency are not there
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK