Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Target Sports Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by jobbass View Post
    The issue with Target sports is safety,

I have been there for 10 years and it's only 10 mn from my house , so that is convenience .

Some Members come in the morning and start shooting with the green light still ON.

and that did not happen only once .

Some Members I don't know where they have learned their basic safety ,(like where to encase a firearm, not servicing their gun when It's loaded) thinks I see sometimes on the range is unacceptable. That should be membership cancellation on the spot.

the main issue is the revolving door they have with staff, standard & consistency are not there
    In the years I've been there, I've not seen anyone servicing a loaded gun (!). Yes, one time I saw the first guy coming in on a Sunday morning forget to turn on the red light. I doubt that this happens only at Target.

I worry more about the members who bring in guests, and then don't supervise them directly. They shoot in one lane, and leave their buddy (or girlfriend) to shoot in the adjacent lane, unsupervised. THAT worries me. I bring in a good number of guests myself, trying to promote shooting, and I am always within arm length of them, keeping an eye on where they are pointing the gun. I actually left the range one time because of this issue. But I think this will be true in any club that allows members to bring guests. And there are some awfully stupid members as well.

They bring in lots of small groups, which are supervised by staff, and I'm much less nervous about this. The store staff supervise their shooting tourists fairly hands-on.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    In the years I've been there, I've not seen anyone servicing a loaded gun (!). Yes, one time I saw the first guy coming in on a Sunday morning forget to turn on the red light. I doubt that this happens only at Target.

I worry more about the members who bring in guests, and then don't supervise them directly. They shoot in one lane, and leave their buddy (or girlfriend) to shoot in the adjacent lane, unsupervised. THAT worries me. I bring in a good number of guests myself, trying to promote shooting, and I am always within arm length of them, keeping an eye on where they are pointing the gun. I actually left the range one time because of this issue. But I think this will be true in any club that allows members to bring guests. And there are some awfully stupid members as well.

They bring in lots of small groups, which are supervised by staff, and I'm much less nervous about this. The store staff supervise their shooting tourists fairly hands-on.
    My issue is not with the tourists, since a staff member is supervising them,

this morning the guy to my left fully loaded 9mm, trying to service his laser sight that turn ON & OFF after each shot, most probably he never heard of muzzle direction
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Check the calendar on their website and make sure the “Range B closed for agency use” doesn’t appear too many times during the hours you usually expect to be shooting. That could get annoying. Funny, at another club im a member I can open the clubhouse, shoot for 3-4 hours and lock up the shack.. never bumping into a single soul. #### Toronto haha.

Anyone you see doing something inappropriate at the range, you should definitely speak up. Or let the R.O. know before an accident happens, better safe than shot! Just my.02

Quote Originally Posted by Sharked View Post
    Of course someone who joined CGN within the past 2 weeks and has only 15 posts thinks TSC is the greatest facility. A simple search on here you will find dozens if not hundreds of complaints about TSC.
    But I guess if its the only place you ever been it has to be great right?

I recommend anyone considering joining TSC do your research first, you will quickly learn the truth.

Wow! You assume alot, sorry you had a bad experience there.
    Here is a link to my other ranges, let me know what you think. Lol

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/?SID=7...147c8075648220
    https://www.northernarizonashootingrange.org

CGN Regular
    Not sure what a range in Arizona has to do with Target Sports being probably the worst place to shoot in Ontario?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABNDT View Post
    Wow! You assume alot, sorry you had a bad experience there.
    Here is a link to my other ranges, let me know what you think. Lol

https://scottsdalegunclub.com/?SID=7...147c8075648220
    https://www.northernarizonashootingrange.org

Went with an associate as well as putting my name in @tirpc. Might apply at a few others as well, never know about wait lists. Can't afford Sharon unfortunately. Thanks for all the feed back

Good call.
    LEST WE FORGET
    I Will Not Seal My Fate Without a Fight, If You See Me Running, I Run To The Front.
    Member of NFA CCFR CSSA NRA DTOM CATI LEFTY MAFIA

CGN frequent flyer Desert Seagull's Avatar
    $1200 to join Innisfil..... Lol.

I don't want to buy a portion of the and, just a gun membership.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    Gagnon sports opened their indoor range last year. About same distance as Target east right off the 401.