Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Target Sports Canada

I've been a member for a few years. The cost of membership is certainly reasonable.

I only go on weekdays, so crowds have never been a problem for me. Staff has always been friendly in my experience. Other members are generally pretty friendly too.

I really like the pro-shop. The ranges themselves are adequate. Better for pistols than rifles, given that they are indoors and maximum distance is 25 metres. The rifle range can get pretty loud.

Because it's indoors, weather is never an issue.

I would recommend it.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bscarlett View Post
    JR, I can certainly see the changes you have made. I would agree, things are improving and the experience is getting better. When Julie is out of the office and on the floor, staff is paying attention and things flow smoothly. I was somewhat disappointed when renewing my full memebership last week, I was simply handed the form and the staff walked away. I had to interrupt the counter staff's conversation to take my $600.00. Not sure what their conversation was about but didnt sound relevate to the work at hand.
    In the past couple of months, there have been some more improvements:

1) A significant investment in lighting in both bays,

2) A start to improving the HVAC: Turns out there were two "internal" filters installed midpoint in the ductwork that we had no idea that was there and they were, obviously plugged full... Plus we hired an HVAC engineer with range experience to redesign our ductwork as the new HVAC units are more than adequate.

3) A change in upper / middle management personnel and style. Things should be getting better by the day.

If anyone has anything they want me to look at or into, please do drop me a note.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

you can rent shares at Sharon
    typically they are rented for $800 per year, myopically $12K this month ( from private sellers)
    negotiable i'm sure

Given the # of people looking to sell/rent shares I'd dare say you won't be paying $800 just to rent one. I always thought $600 was reasonable but the market will bear what people are willing to pay.
    ICORE/IPSC/USPSA

CGN Regular
    Hey JR, any chance I could get an update or tracking info for my SAI receiver set from TACCOM, invoice #108854.
    Are you familiar with The Shmoo, Mr. Fisher?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shmoo View Post
    Hey JR, any chance I could get an update or tracking info for my SAI receiver set from TACCOM, invoice #108854.
    Your colour just arrived from Cerakote. Jay is painting it tomorrow morning, so it will ship out on Monday to you.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

I recently got my range membership there. I brought a "Standard" membership from them earlier this September, and it costed me about $650 for a year. Honestly all I can say that it is very busy and the air is filled with lead. If you're going to get a membership here, get a respirator and some de-leading soap. There are a lot of Chinese (not racist because I am Chinese) kids who cannot handle their firearm carefully at all. They're dangerously pointing the muzzle either up or down the range. It is also super busy, I really recommend another range. If you are planning on shooting here, you need to come during the cool off hours. Half the time the belt that is used to bring the target down range is not working, or is working very slow (talking like 30cm every min). The owner seems nice, got some free stuff from him. Ammo prices are jacked up, I always price match with other stores.

To sum everything up, is this a good "home" range? Not really, but if you are paying for an associate membership and not a "Standard" membership then yes. I would look at Burlington Gun Club, they also do IPSC like Target Sports, and the ranges go further down. Target sport maximum range is 25m, Burlington is 50m.

I am not planning to re-new my membership at Target Sports for next year. For the price you pay, you can be getting better stuff at Burlington Gun Club, or even at the range at East Hill Outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by formed16 View Post
    I recently got my range membership there. I brought a "Standard" membership from them earlier this September, and it costed me about $650 for a year. Honestly all I can say that it is very busy and the air is filled with lead. If you're going to get a membership here, get a respirator and some de-leading soap. There are a lot of Chinese (not racist because I am Chinese) kids who cannot handle their firearm carefully at all. They're dangerously pointing the muzzle either up or down the range. It is also super busy, I really recommend another range. If you are planning on shooting here, you need to come during the cool off hours. Half the time the belt that is used to bring the target down range is not working, or is working very slow (talking like 30cm every min). The owner seems nice, got some free stuff from him. Ammo prices are jacked up, I always price match with other stores.

To sum everything up, is this a good "home" range? Not really, but if you are paying for an associate membership and not a "Standard" membership then yes. I would look at Burlington Gun Club, they also do IPSC like Target Sports, and the ranges go further down. Target sport maximum range is 25m, Burlington is 50m.

I am not planning to re-new my membership at Target Sports for next year. For the price you pay, you can be getting better stuff at Burlington Gun Club, or even at the range at East Hill Outdoors.
    Dear Sir,

While I do appreciate your criticisms; given we test the air regularly, we do know that the air is not "full of lead" or we would be shut down.

It is obvious that we are not a fit for each other and I do not want you to stay simply because you spent the monies. Please send me a note and we can arrange for a refund and a reasonable transition for you to another club, such as Burlington.

With regards,

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

Delete

Dear Sir,

While I do appreciate your criticisms; given we test the air regularly, we do know that the air is not "full of lead" or we would be shut down.

It is obvious that we are not a fit for each other and I do not want you to stay simply because you spent the monies. Please send me a note and we can arrange for a refund and a reasonable transition for you to another club, such as Burlington.
    Another proof that I have made a right decision to not renew my membership at target sports

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast